free hit
counters
Exige IPS with komo tec kit - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Exige IPS with komo tec kit

Dear all,

i'm very tempted to install the EX390 kit on my car.

Anyone with IPS cars installed one of the KT kits?

Which where the figure obtained on the dyno after the modifications? ( where close to the expectations? )

Any problem with the IPS gearbox?

Thank you in advance.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think EX370 + EX390 is a sweet spot if you don't want to go chasing the big power / chargecooler. Dave

@FF (these are my initials, mate !)  : the carbon airbox is such a lovely part that it would be a shame not to fit it   ! so you can order a EX390 with the added airbox and the matching tuning softwar

yep, "only" EX370 :P ... but very pleased with the result, and the best bang for the buck I reckon  !

it really makes the car alive over 4,000rpm, and succion noise on IPS downshift is addictive ! I ended up with 375hp (from 329 stock), and got no problem at all with gearbox ... so far :ph34r: !

I'm still thinking about going to a mix of EX370 and EX390 (ie adding manifolds and sport cat + reflash), hoping for 400hp then, but if I'd do it, it would rather be because I think OEM manifolds are too restrictive and may collapse, rather than to gain the 25 other ponies ... Won't go for the EX430, which may be a more sensible option (costly wise), as I assume it would hit the TCU limits (and KT is saying that as well !), and there's already enough power for main road use ! 

1 hour ago, Hangar 111 said:

Hi Francesco.

You should have no problems at all with EX390 on IPS, you should get the full power as long as your car has the OEM gearbox cooling configuration.

I believe @French Frie got good dyno figures from his... or maybe he just had EX370 (can't remember)?

Dave

Ciao Dave,

yeas the car has the OEM gearbox cooling system fitted.

Thanks for the informations.

1 hour ago, French Frie said:

yep, "only" EX370 :P ... but very pleased with the result, and the best bang for the buck I reckon  !

it really makes the car alive over 4,000rpm, and succion noise on IPS downshift is addictive ! I ended up with 375hp (from 329 stock), and got no problem at all with gearbox ... so far :ph34r: !

I'm still thinking about going to a mix of EX370 and EX390 (ie adding manifolds and sport cat + reflash), hoping for 400hp then, but if I'd do it, it would rather be because I think OEM manifolds are too restrictive and may collapse, rather than to gain the 25 other ponies ... Won't go for the EX430, which may be a more sensible option (costly wise), as I assume it would hit the TCU limits (and KT is saying that as well !), and there's already enough power for main road use ! 

Thanks Olivier for sharing your experience.

My plan is to go now with the 390 kit and in future to reach maximum the 410 upgrade.

Will be good enough for the track days.

1 minute ago, Hangar 111 said:

I think EX370 + EX390 is a sweet spot if you don't want to go chasing the big power / chargecooler.

Dave

Sounds like the right combo Dave

@FF (these are my initials, mate !)  : the carbon airbox is such a lovely part that it would be a shame not to fit it  :P ! so you can order a EX390 with the added airbox and the matching tuning software, it will be perfect B-) ...

Edited by French Frie
spelling
  • Like 1