free hit
counters
London T-Charge - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Effective as of today...

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/£10-t-charge-high-polluting-vehicles-starts-london-today

Great to see this aimed at people who can't afford the newest cars. Useful. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet more proof that London is an unsustainable location and should be boarded up and abandoned 

• Gold FFM

How to sort out pollution, tax it! Taxis, buses anyone. Absolute nonsense. . My van does 15 to 20k a year, is in that congestion zone at least 4 Times a week. That’s the standard charge, TE does 1500 miles a year and is subject to the T charge, go figure and the road tax is more expensive.  The C charge never worked it worse up there now than ever. 

What they should do is build 3 more bridge/ tunnels across the Thames to ease the ridiculous congestion, I have to be through the Blackwall Tunnel by 6am to not get caught up in it. That instead of getting a train to Birmingham and saving 20mins. If anyone can come up with a decent arguement against the above I would like to hear it. 

Another good reason never to go there again. 

They are baffoons that come up with this crap. Nothing but politicians making themselves look like they want to save the planet which is of course the latest fashion. Self preservation. Watched my regional news this morning. All the eco friendly mugs texting the program commenting that electric cars are tax free. What planet are the on. They think they'll unplug the dishwasher each evening and charge the car for the rest of there lives. Before long there'll find a way to tax the power source dedicated to charging your new car that you've been forced to buy. The 100plus million tyres will have to dealt with when they scrap perfectly good cars and build unnesasary new ones, oh yes and produce another 100plus million for the new cars. Then we will have to find away to dispose of the lithium car batteries. Another massive tax for sure. Look at the fuss of disposing an AA battery now no bigger than your little finger. 

Anyone that believes this is as is currently being portrayed has a lot to learn. 

On the TV today they said 1 in 3 people born today will live over 100.  All this bollocks about people dying early because of pollution is maybe not totally untrue. But for gods sake look at the massive increase in life expectancy. We're all going to die. They can't pay pensions to us hardly. They are making people work to an age where our bodies are worn out generally. The world can't sustain the population that we are heading towards. The effect of our cars is so minimal it is truly a joke. 

I wonder if theyll stop fly supersonic jets over Buck house so a few members of a single family can wave at them.   I doubt it. 

So is that £21.50 every day if you drive through at the wrong time?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Yes and that moron mayor they've got reckons it's costing them money to operate. Yea right!  Another pack of lies from our democratically elected leaders

www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/1999-vw-golf-with-faulty-exhaust-now-a-london-status-symbol-201710231378

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Even more nonsensical is the extension of the forthcoming ultra low emissions zone in London onto Motorcycles !!  Motorcycles should be recognised as part of the solution for London, not part of the problem...

My overground train company (Southern) has terrible labour relations with their highly militant union employees over their plan to get rid of conductors. The commuting train service was so bad it was going to get me sacked from my job, so I chose the only alternative method of transport and did my motorcycle test. I now ride 16 miles into London every morning.

Unless I buy a new motorcycle with fuel injection, catalysts and lambda sensor, I'm going to be charged £16 a day (on top of the scandalous Westminister council motorbike parking charge) to ride my bike in to my work.

To put this into context, Motorcycle tax is about £35 a year.

Council greed. Sick of Saddiq Khan and all his union buddies. Tax anything that moves so they can squander the money on a welfare state that rewards failure and lazyness.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't the council have a moral duty to make all their vehicles Euro 6 compliant, whether they are cars or vans or lorries, before saying that private individuals have to meet the same level to use the roads?  Do their vehicles have to pay ths charge?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Councils in london like most others run with massive reserves and often surplus - whilst all the while cutting services. What do you think ?

Only here once