Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have a strong suspicion that the real thing will be considerably more drool worthy too. I'm trying to savour the experience not rush it. Could well be my 'petrol keeper'.

Time for one or two others here to show their hand!

:thumbup:

• Like 2

I saw this topic, but not yet confirmed my specs :stuart: 

I'm in for a GT430 Sport in Fire red, still on the fence regarding the transmission as well as seats. Logical thinking should be manual >>> race seats and auto >>> Sparco seats ? 
This car won't go on track even if made for it and I plan many "long" trips with it, so, not sure about the transmission. 
OMG, I go crazy :lol:

• Like 2

Elise R 07 - Europa SE 2008 - 2Eleven GT4 - Evora N/A - Evora S - Evora S SR - Evora GT430 Sport

Assuming that 211 in your profile pic is yours I don't think you'll be able to resist a few laps of Spa or a noisy day at Zolder, Zaandvoort.... those Ohlins were made for the Nordschleife too!

First thing to help you decide on seats is to sit in a 400 with Sparcos and if possible a 410 with carbon seats. Driving position is quite different.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@The Pits Fantastic colour combo both inside & out Jonny! Really looking forward to seeing real deal pics when she's built. Very special car!

• Thanks 1

Going down very well at the factory apparently. I know green isn't for everyone but it's as nice a green as I've seen anywhere and those who saw my Exige, or Bibs's Evora, or any of the other MSG cars always seem to think it looks good in reality. Only downside for me is the likelihood of being dribbled on by @internets, clearly a man of great taste but an absolute fiend for MSG, almost as bad as me! 

If you scratched it I would expect it to smell of apples. Don't get any ideas Chris! If you see me driving away from a venue at great speed being pursued by a man with his tongue sticking out you'll know who it is! :D

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

Going down very well at the factory apparently. I know green isn't for everyone but it's as nice a green as I've seen anywhere and those who saw my Exige, or Bibs's Evora, or any of the other MSG cars always seem to think it looks good in reality. Only downside for me is the likelihood of being dribbled on by @internets, clearly a man of great taste but an absolute fiend for MSG, almost as bad as me! 

If you scratched it I would expect it to smell of apples. Don't get any ideas Chris! If you see me driving away from a venue at great speed being pursued by a man with his tongue sticking out you'll know who it is! :D

I hesitated with Racing green, ans some reds, and why not, a "dark" blue... So I went to the factory to make my mind. I always like the Evora in red shades. But was not sure at all about the Fire Red, in some pictures, under sunny lightning, it was too red, too "bright", some kind of saturation in some situation. 

Once in Hethel, I fell in love with the Fire Red, a really deep and rich kind of Bordeaux. 

But, once on the production line, I saw a MSG (I assume yours?), for a second, I tought to change my choice ! It's simply amazing ! I had to convince myself that I awlays wished a red Evora to not change my mind !

Will be jealous when I'll see it, for sure :)

Elise R 07 - Europa SE 2008 - 2Eleven GT4 - Evora N/A - Evora S - Evora S SR - Evora GT430 Sport

• Gold FFM
On 11/1/2017 at 17:24, The Pits said:

Guilty m'lud!

Motorsport Green.

Carbon race seats, sound deadening, air con, no stereo, black diamond cut wheels with black wingstays.

Impossible to believe but it should be sitting in my garage within 2 weeks from now.

Here's a photoshop to compare the real thing to:

colourchangefront2.jpg

im not sure where the original picture was taken for this shot it looks uk, most likely near the factory..,  ive drooled over your photoshop colour versions in my dream spec... what would be really cool is if you located and did a real shoot with the real deal when it arrives

• Like 1

Great idea. I will definitely be taking it back to Norfolk before too long so might give that a go!

That bike is proper quick it got me home in no time.

That GT430 is magnificent. Much enjoyed giving it its first coat of Swissvax!

Too nice to drive. Too nice to drive not to drive!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Never mind the stunning MS green 430 & the Kwaker.

That is some garage Jonny. Or do you park all your toys in the Kitchen?

• Haha 2