free hit
counters
TLF GT430 Club - Page 28 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Very few 2+2s as well on top of the unique colour scheme; must be in single figures 5 or 6?

Love the Lotus crash helmet artistically placed on the passenger seat. 😁

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the 5min version of the head 2 head video, for those of us who do not have the paid motor trend channel I think it’s all we can presently watch.

the 5 min version was pointless, not worth watching.  Camaro threw a belt before anything could be tested.  Hopefully the long version will be available for everyone to watch soon

• Gold FFM

Posted in the wrong place just needs a mod to move it. No drama for sure.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Also a very small club if we start excluding  the close American relatives! Evora GT is currently the highest spec Evora available anywhere.

• Gold FFM

Yes, but it's not a GT430!  Either have a model specific thread or don't. 

My humble opinion would be to keep the GT430 stuff in one place, like with the GTE etc. The US Evora GT should have its own thread.

Will just keep things simple for the years ahead.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

Also a very small club if we start excluding  the close American relatives! Evora GT is currently the highest spec Evora available anywhere.

Surely the 430 is a higher spec...and they are still available in dealers showrooms! 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Happy to have the item moved to a US GT topic. Only intention was to share, no worries. 

For everyone’s reference here is what I have done to the US Evora GT car so far because we could not get the car specked in the US ranging from front bumper as the CF front end failed the safety test and a few other items noted below:

Already installed and purchased from DeRoure - Bell & Colvill

New Lotus CF GT 430 OEM Hatch with holes

New Lotus CF GT 430 OEM rear wing

New Lotus OEM GT430 Jhooks

New Lotus OEM GT 430 Ohlins (Mick Gardner Racing UK - installed by Ken Hall  @SBSuspension)

New Lotus OEM GT 430 Titanium Exhaust and GRP decat pipe

To be installed on Dec. 9th

New Lotus CF OEM GT 430 front bumper w/ under tray & CF OEM air ducts (painted nightfall blue)

Ordered

New Lotus CF OEM CF Sports seats w/runners

Unable to modify

Traction Control from Cabin - requires wire harness

Carbon rear quarter panels

Bulkhead glass, single pane

Does this qualify as a GT 430? Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

8CC14604-1C3A-45CD-8E38-6F2019E7CAFA.jpeg

• Like 2

Totally agree brilliant job Your car looks great from here. you must be keen going to all that trouble well done; My car the Plum Crazy one with the SUIVRE reg will be TV early next year in the US having a fun with a Friend of mine in my 211 it was great day out keep a look out for it can't say any more for now. Hi to the US Lotus fans.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Pits said:

I think given the effort and expense that @KG has gone to trying to recreate the car that was originally promised for the US it would be uncharitable and uncharacteristically sniffy and pedantic of TLF to be excluding him from this thread. I say let at least the GT430 recreations or ‘continuations’ to stay. I’m sure the very astute members here will be able to work it out and get a decent night’s sleep afterwards.

As a fellow GT430 owner, and knowing how much the Americans were promised and then well and truly shafted by the top brass at Lotus USA, agree with Jonny 

• Like 2

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Really sad that people are getting their parties in a wad with the US spec GT being posted here especially with all the work and money that’s been dumped into it.

yea technically it’s not one but who really cares..... then again I live in the states and hope to get a GT this spring since that’s our only option.  

12 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Yes, but it's not a GT430!  Either have a model specific thread or don't. 

This is the ‘TLF GT430 CLUB’ thread, not the specific GT430 thread. 

Other TLF GT430 owners seem to be happy that @KG is here so I guess that he stays. 

• Gold FFM

FFS, I wasn't asking for anyone to be removed just querying whether the the thread should focus on the GT430 or not. That's all. No drama. No need for yellow safety vests 

Cheers

• Like 1

Is the US Evora GT intended to be a limited production run in the way the GT430 was?

If not, and given it can be modded into a GT430 spec with OEM (and no doubt eventually aftermarket) components then any GT430 register is going to be a minefield. 😳

Being a limited edition was a significant part of the GT430 marketing and a consideration in the resale value. 

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

FFS, I wasn't asking for anyone to be removed just querying whether the the thread should focus on the GT430 or not. That's all. No drama. No need for yellow safety vests 

Cheers

Name: TopicDrift, and how many other threads go elsewhere. @KG car is as close to  a GT430 the Americans are likely to have/see, and not seeing how this is therefore not in thread topic 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430