Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 18 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

On 28/04/2018 at 22:04, hml_xy said:

I had a very strange moment today, leaving the Ring entrance parking lot at Devils Diner, waiting at the roundabout. Couldn‘t believe my eyes when i saw „my cars sister“ 😂 What a coincidence!

Same spec besides GT430 instead of Sport and the black brakes. 

We stopped at the car park and had a nice chat, the owner is a real car enthusiast and also has a Lancia Stratos 😮

C8261174-49B1-46FA-8286-0CAC8C334D7B.jpeg

4CBF32B4-EE17-4209-998A-0427BE8FD552.jpeg

The Rear diffuser on that GT430 (not the Sport), is the Standard one or the Aluminium more pretuberant one?

• Love 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...

Just received confirmation and a couple of photos of our GT430 Sport on the production line.

• Like 2

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Awesome. Are you planning to visit the factory so see it on the line?

• 3 weeks later...

Car left the factory yesterday, we should be popping into Central Lotus after work Thursday to see how they are getting on with the final touches to our new car.

Darryl & Sue

On 14/05/2018 at 20:30, The Pits said:

Awesome. Are you planning to visit the factory so see it on the line?

Yes we went on 22nd May

6 hours ago, Trevsked said:

Congratulations, looking forward to the pics.

Trevor.

Looking forward to driving the car

Darryl & Sue

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The auto gearbox is absolutely amazing ! 

By the past, I had an Evora S with the AT, but it was not really nice to use. The up shift was not fast at all, and down shift was even bad. You couldnt go down in first gear in hairpin bend (even if you could go down in first below 50km/h, in real situation, it was impossible to do). Now, it's quite as fast as every double clutch gearbox. I went on track with it, was really nice, the problem was I got a black flag due to the noise (106dB). The only complain with the AT is the lack of a LSD, but I can't feel it on main figures. 

Another great point for me, regarding the AT is the sound when you up shift, it's like a crackering noise, a big bang at every single change. You cant hear that with the manual ! 

The only "issue" you can't get the open/close exhaust button fitted like on the manual or previous Evoras. I assume is due to a different ECU mapping, but impossible at this moment. It's really annoying when you go on track, as you'll be black flagged on quite every track day. 

Edited by Michadams

Elise R 07 - Europa SE 2008 - 2Eleven GT4 - Evora N/A - Evora S - Evora S SR - Evora GT430 Sport

Nicholas, we previously had the AT on the S, the AT on the GT430 is unbelievable.

No decision yet on tracking the car.

Michael, you are incorrect regarding the exhaust valve override switch, your dealer should be able to carry out this mod, if not you need to speak to a British dealer when you are next in the UK, or speak to Central Lotus in Nottingham.

yes Jonny we have transferred Sue’s plate from the S to the 430

Darryl & Sue

17 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

Nicholas, we previously had the AT on the S, the AT on the GT430 is unbelievable.

No decision yet on tracking the car.

Michael, you are incorrect regarding the exhaust valve override switch, your dealer should be able to carry out this mod, if not you need to speak to a British dealer when you are next in the UK, or speak to Central Lotus in Nottingham.

yes Jonny we have transferred Sue’s plate from the S to the 430

I really would like to test this evora GT430 with the ips gearbox. Due to the lack of automatic gearbox on the new Exige , this is for the moment the only choice I have in the lotus range.

But I don't think that we have one in France , so it will be complicated to test. I will take my decision during this autumn, I would like to stay in the Lotus club.

Pretty sure the auto box in the 430 will be identical to the 400, so if you could find a standard 400 auto to test drive you would get to know what the box is like. Suffice to say it's very, very good.

Nope. Not from what I was told. Same internals for sure but completely recalibrated again.... the software was causing the engineers some headaches which was going to delay my GT430 auto so eventually I went manual. If it had been identical then this delay wouldn’t have been an issue :) 

4 hours ago, geartox said:

I really would like to test this evora GT430 with the ips gearbox. Due to the lack of automatic gearbox on the new Exige , this is for the moment the only choice I have in the lotus range.

But I don't think that we have one in France , so it will be complicated to test. I will take my decision during this autumn, I would like to stay in the Lotus club.

Are you going to the 70th anniversary at Hethel?

i believe there are a few differences as Anthony says.

Darryl & Sue

Having owned a 400 Auto for 2 years and now a GT430 Auto for 2 months, I can objectively say that there is a significant improvement in the gearbox itself, which was already quite good with exquisite sound on the 400. Compared to a PDK, it is slower without being laggy or slow at all; but, it is much more enjoyable than the PDK at medium revs, and the changing sound is way sexier! 

Compared to the 400’s it is a bit faster, more consistent and smoother. Do not forget also, the gearbox cooler in the 430.

Other than that, I have a question for you guys. On my 400, I had very nice backfire sounds when downshifting at low speed, which I don’t have now on my 430 (600km only on odometer). Any idea or thoughts?

gracie

• Like 1
  • Love 1