free hit
counters
TLF GT430 Club - Page 29 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

TLF GT430 Club

Is the US Evora GT intended to be a limited production run in the way the GT430 was?

If not, and given it can be modded into a GT430 spec with OEM (and no doubt eventually aftermarket) components then any GT430 register is going to be a minefield. 😳

Being a limited edition was a significant part of the GT430 marketing and a consideration in the resale value. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very big day for me today. This is now in the garage. Really special car. Looks very low and compact. Didn't take up the garage space I was expecting. It has massive presence with those win

Mine has been delivered yesterday   

Guilty m'lud! Motorsport Green. Carbon race seats, sound deadening, air con, no stereo, black diamond cut wheels with black wingstays. Impossible to believe but it should be sitting in

Posted Images

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

FFS, I wasn't asking for anyone to be removed just querying whether the the thread should focus on the GT430 or not. That's all. No drama. No need for yellow safety vests 

Cheers

Name: TopicDrift, and how many other threads go elsewhere. @KG car is as close to  a GT430 the Americans are likely to have/see, and not seeing how this is therefore not in thread topic 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, DarrylV8 said:

Name: TopicDrift, and how many other threads go elsewhere. @KG car is as close to  a GT430 the Americans are likely to have/see, and not seeing how this is therefore not in thread topic 

Because it's not a GT430!  You don't join a knitting club to talk about football do you? You don't go to a Lotus club to talk Porsche (well, unless it's SELOC :) ) do you?

FFS - re-read your comment again. You are accusing me of drifting a topic on GT430's by querying whether a US GT (which is NOT a GT430) should be in the thread titled "GT430 club" which is where you would expect to go to read about GT430's!  What's your point again Darryl? My thread name is just a joke as yes, sometimes I, like many others, can drift off topic. I'll revert it back as obviously what with you and others on here any attempt at humour or showing that you are not a tight arse by taking the piss out of yourself is frowned upon. Christ, this is getting more like SELOC every week.

This thread has got nothing at all to do with feeling sorry for the 'Muricans because they never got a proper GT430. It's got nothing to do with someone trying to build a GT430 (though they should be celebrated for trying, but that is whey we have build threads is it not?). Etc.

I have nothing at all against @KG and think his car is a work of art and a real credit to him, but it is not and never will be a GT430 just like an Evora S with the Mansory GTE kit on it will never be a GTE. The posts should be in an Evora GT thread so when we want, in the future, to learn about the Evora GT and what owners have done we know where to go. 

I'm honestly at a loss as to why the original simple point I raised is causing so much grief. Usually the mods, one in particular, is particularly anal about stuff like posting about cars in the wrong thread, but it seems to be like VAR in football, variable in its application.

I'll bug out and leave you all to it.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

The posts should be in an Evora GT thread so when we want, in the future, to learn about the Evora GT and what owners have done we know where to go. 

I agree, it’s just simple forum management, nothing personal or opinionated. 

• Gold FFM
17 minutes ago, pete said:

Hard hat on ,here we go😈

Don't forget the popcorn! :ball:

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Andy,

in reply to your comment in another thread, and trying to keep on thread;

As well as a few bits of bodywork, titanium exhaust, brake disc’s 410 - 430 etc.

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• Gold FFM

The 410 Sport is the platform that the GT430 was developed from, so I suppose you could upgrade it if you wanted to.

However, in all seriousness I'd be better of just trading it in for a GT430 if I wanted one rather than trying to build one. I'm happy with my 410 Sport thanks, but who knows a set of Ohlins and a KT490 kit might be on the cards. It won't be a GT430 though, no matter what I do to it. 

I have looked at the light blue GT430 Sport at Bell & Coville a few times, I think it looks better without the large wing on the back, and as I'm not a track god I won't need that extra bit of downforce.

Chance to see the Ohlins in action here. On track settings noticeably less roll and dive under braking than the already excellent Sport 410. I didn’t appreciate how much better the body control was until watching this again. Clearly a much firmer set up on track settings. Not as aware of this on the road as I’m back on the more compliant road settings by then. Unlike most other adjustable dampers I’ve used, the range of adjustment with the Ohlins TTX is considerable. Really adds a lot to the car for those who enjoy both road and track driving.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 01/12/2019 at 03:07, Gazm said:

Is the US Evora GT intended to be a limited production run in the way the GT430 was?

If not, and given it can be modded into a GT430 spec with OEM (and no doubt eventually aftermarket) components then any GT430 register is going to be a minefield. 😳

Being a limited edition was a significant part of the GT430 marketing and a consideration in the resale value. 

It is not a limited edition, however our expense to recreate the GT430 that we originally ordered is so high that it will have zero impact on your RHD limited models.

• Like 1
On 30/11/2019 at 14:25, KG said:

Hi guys,

Happy to have the item moved to a US GT topic. Only intention was to share, no worries. 

Unable to modify

Traction Control from Cabin - requires wire harness

Carbon rear quarter panels

Bulkhead glass, single pane

Does this qualify as a GT 430? Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

The variable TC was eliminated from the GT430, not all have it.  Keep trying on the CF quarter panels, my US Sport 410 came with them as standard, the parts are in the system and not impossible to change out.  Bulkhead glass the 400 is specified with twindow glass, the Sport 410 and GT410 with single pane glass and the GT430 in some markets with single plexiglass, as this is a "fire wall" not all markets would allow a plastic panel. 

US cars be it 400, 410 or GT seem to have gotten the twindow glass.  You may also have more sound proofing that the Sport or GT, as far as we can tell based on weighting the 1st 2 Sport 410's to come in and a GT at Gator teh GT's are heavier when optioned the same.

• Gold FFM

A big chunk of that weight could be the seats if the 410s had the carbon buckets and the GTs the armchairs.

14 hours ago, C8RKH said:

A big chunk of that weight could be the seats if the 410s had the carbon buckets and the GTs the armchairs.

We don't get the carbon shells here, our seats must have side airbags.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, KG said:

I have ordered the CF buckets from DeRoure and will be handmade at Hethel where I will be visiting on Dec 16th! They will be labeled GT to keep the US GT lineage and the GT 430 spec.

There are weight savings on the OEM GT 430 parts on the car, some of which are dealer options in the US such as the Ohlins, Jhooks and Ti exhaust. 

@Julian73 I would love to add the rear quarters and firewall but having to take off the rear clam and interior and additional work required is just not worth it for me now. I may get an itch later but the core of the GT430 is complete. Picking up the car next Friday.

kind of hard to believe just how much it has cost so far but I love the car and would do it again!

E693B2C3-1C5D-47AC-B236-370A27D1501C.jpeg

👏 well done buddy, I absolutely love your car, effectively one of one in the US.

love the attitude from no 430 available to I’ll build my own! 

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

@KG I hope you enjoy the carbon buckets. Many don't seem to like them but I think they are great.

They do sit flat so little under thigh support. I would recommend you to order the adjustable seat brackets from @jonnyboy as they allow you to tilt the seats back through three settings. It improves the driving position and comfort considerably.

With carbon race seats it's more of a GT430 than some of the cars in Europe! ;) 

For the avoidance of doubt pedants, this is a poor attempt at making a humourous remark, signified by use of the ;) emoji.

Love the carbon seats in the Evora, designed and built by Lotus, bespoke trimmed in Hethel with whatever colour combination you like, biggest weight saving by far, they also lower the driving position considerably, particularly beneficial for taller drivers. Much as I like the look of the carbon Sparcos I can't get on with the raised driving position having now gotten used to the race seats which also allow more headroom for a helmet. Adjustable seat brackets are the perfect finishing touch. Driving position really is 'just so' now.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
43 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I would recommend you to order the adjustable seat brackets from @jonnyboy as they allow you to tilt the seats back through three settings. It improves the driving position and comfort considerably.

Unfortunately they’ve all gone having asked @jonnyboya few months ago. I was lucky enough to get a spare one from @The Pits

• Gold FFM

Oh bummer! Had not realised... Thanks for confirming Jimmy.

• Gold FFM

message to @jonnyboy sent.

CF GT 430 front bumper is being worked on today @CSN Motorsports Gonna have some special work done to reveal a little more carbon when it is painted! A one off front end!

i hope the club likes it! More pics next week!

7B2BB251-5553-447F-9025-21B08F1EC233.jpeg

D90C4237-542D-4229-845A-4FBED4F222D3.jpeg

• Like 2