free hit
counters
TLF GT430 Club - Page 30 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

TLF GT430 Club

Hi guys I've had one or two people message about the brackets unfortunately the place that does them have a minimum run I think it worked out about 18 pairs as the sheet metal they buy is specific for the application apparently.  

Im more than happy to supply the drawings if anyone wants to get an odd pair made up. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very big day for me today. This is now in the garage. Really special car. Looks very low and compact. Didn't take up the garage space I was expecting. It has massive presence with those win

Mine has been delivered yesterday   

Guilty m'lud! Motorsport Green. Carbon race seats, sound deadening, air con, no stereo, black diamond cut wheels with black wingstays. Impossible to believe but it should be sitting in

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jonnyboy said:

Hi guys I've had one or two people message about the brackets unfortunately the place that does them have a minimum run I think it worked out about 18 pairs as the sheet metal they buy is specific for the application apparently.  

Im more than happy to supply the drawings if anyone wants to get an odd pair made up. 

It will be a grade suitable for cold-forming that doesn't start stress cracking when you fold it to make the bracket. Anyone you give the drawing to must make sure they use a suitable grade of material to make them from.

Edited by TheKevlarKid
  • Thanks 1

Did anyone look into using anything from OMP or Sparco to see if it would fit? Plenty of adjustable seat brackets available but some trial and error required I imagine. Lotus themselves used a nice adjustable  bracket for their Sport 410 show car, shame that was axed for the production cars.

• Gold FFM

@KGThe carbon splitter has about 11cm of ground clearance with the Cup2s inflated at recommended pressures for road use. This drops by 1-2cm when tyre pressures are lowered for track use. 

Even with considerable care you can easily scrape the underside of the splitter on uneven road surfaces, speed bumps etc. I’ve used bituminous roofing tape to cover vulnerable points. It provides better scratch protection to the forward edge & underside than heavy duty PPF. 

ADD70BD6-1983-465F-B6A2-3F3C5BCB477B.jpeg

• Thanks 1

@Miguel may be able to help guys?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I see the B&C GT430 Sport has sold. 
I was tempted to have a look when I got back from overseas... 🙄. Typical timing. 
Any thoughts on the pros/cons of running a Sport vs a GT ?

what are the differences besides aero ? 

Sport is slightly lighter and more slippery for a higher claimed top speed. You’ll never find one for sale anyway they are beyond rare. I don’t know of anyone in the UK with one, so you’re stuck with the astoundingly good and more downforcey  GT430. Lotus claim the full aero is worth a second around Hethel.

Well, the B&C Sport 430 was for sale for ages... I just wasn’t in the market til now...and someone in the UK now has one 😆
I would be using it as a daily when I’m home each month, track days would be very occasional. I know about the performance difference but wondered if the ride or interior spec varied too. 

Anybody know how many were actually built of GT and Sport... I can’t imagine all 60 were done looking at how many are still for sale in European dealers. 

I doubt they reached 10 of the Sport variety but with over 20 GT430s in the UK alone I think they must have made over 40. By Lotus standards it sold surprisingly well, original UK allocation was just 6 cars.

For me the GT430Sport is the discerning mans choice and the one to have. It is a sports GT after all. If you want the balls out variety then get the Exige.

For those who have a Evora 430 I must be the Corbyn option 😂. The biggest issue with the B&C car was the colour IMHO. The new owner has a cracking car though :)

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

I thought the GT430 Sport at B&C was a cracking colour and looked at it many times on Pistonheads. But like their forever add for the Liquid Yellow GT430 I thought it had sold some time ago. Otherwise, I would have bought it!

Lesson for me is to check with dealer. Lesson for Dealers maybe is keep your ads current.

@tim_marra, I'm sure you are nothing like Corbyn. Mote like Sturgeon! 😂🤣

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Shame these discerning men never showed up. The GT430 Sport barely happened at all.

It deserved better, priced from £104k caused outrage at the time but doesn’t look so bad next to a GT410 Sport now does it?

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM
On 13/12/2019 at 23:01, Gazm said:

Anybody know how many were actually built of GT and Sport... I can’t imagine all 60 were done looking at how many are still for sale in European dealers. 

Based on a certificate of provenance recently provided by Andy Graham at Lotus Archives:

- 21 x GT430 produced for the UK only. 18 of these had 2+0 seating & manual transmission.

- Apparently only 1 GT430 Sport was produced for the UK. 

Not sure how many of the remaining theoretical 39 of 60 were actually produced for the EMEA market.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, blindside said:

- Apparently only 1 GT430 Sport was produced for the UK. 

Just my luck to have missed the only GT430 Sport 🙄