free hit
counters
TLF GT430 Club - Page 36 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

TLF GT430 Club

Just for rarity alone I think you probably chose wisely but I'm sure a very tempting deal could be had on the liquid yellow car. It truly looks like the modern day successor to the Esprit Sport 300 in that colour.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very big day for me today. This is now in the garage. Really special car. Looks very low and compact. Didn't take up the garage space I was expecting. It has massive presence with those win

Mine has been delivered yesterday   

Guilty m'lud! Motorsport Green. Carbon race seats, sound deadening, air con, no stereo, black diamond cut wheels with black wingstays. Impossible to believe but it should be sitting in

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Lovely car that Andy and so rare. You need to post more piccies of it.

I will get some pics this week I promise. Glad you like it, car is amazing but I’m not sold on the colour!! It’s growing on me. Think it’s the only 430sport registered in the U.K. 

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, Andy Shaw said:

I will get some pics this week I promise. Glad you like it, car is amazing but I’m not sold on the colour!! It’s growing on me. Think it’s the only 430sport registered in the U.K. 

I think the colour is great. Classy. I looked at that car many, many times, and was waiting for the next price drop lol ..  Great buy and I am also not aware of any other GT430 Sport in the UK 👍

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

23 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Just for rarity alone I think you probably chose wisely but I'm sure a very tempting deal could be had on the liquid yellow car. It truly looks like the modern day successor to the Esprit Sport 300 in that colour.

Totally agree Jonny, wouldn’t expect Jamie to give the car away, but sure in this present climate there is a deal to be had 👍

• Gold FFM

I think the biggest problem with that car is you're looking at a £25k depreciation hit as soon as you register it. Don't take that statement the wrong way, it is not a whinge, just based on current values of other cars.

Add to that the arrival of the new model (possibly, maybe, optimistically)in 12 months and the lack of real detail re drive train, engine, power, performance etc. and maybe you can understand?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

4 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

Well Scott, how was the sleep will you be phoning B&C later today?

two different yellow GT430 running around the East Mids would be truly amazing 

It’s very tempting Darryl and it’s been on mind for the last few weeks. The best thing when we have some of restrictions lifted and dealers can operate in a near normal situation is for me to have ride down and see the car. The biggest dilemma is do i buy a nice low mileage sport 410 for half the money or go for what is probably in my opinion the best new Lotus for sale in a showroom at this present time.🤔

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM
13 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

The biggest dilemma is do i buy a nice low mileage sport 410 for half the money or go for what is probably in my opinion the best new Lotus for sale in a showroom at this present time.🤔

This is exactly my issue. It is £50k on top of my current Fire Red 410 Sport and I am struggling, even with the man maths, to justify it.

Jimmy timed his move to perfection with Leven for his gorgeous car.

12 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

This is exactly my issue. It is £50k on top of my current Fire Red 410 Sport and I am struggling, even with the man maths, to justify it.

Jimmy timed his move to perfection with Leven for his gorgeous car.

I had a 220 sport Elise that was paid for so there was the deposit, I got her indoors to sign it off as I have put some standard Evora back seats in and a dog harness!!!! At the end of the day there are only 60 world wild, its a halo car and I certainly wont see another GT430sport! The replacement car next year wont be anything as focused and from what I understand there will only be a short run with the 3.5lt supercharged unit for the purest folk, then it will revert to a 2.0lt turbo unit that may come from Mercedes - lots not forget Geely have bought a stake in Daimler for a reason!

3 minutes ago, blindside said:

Typical frugal Scotsman (tight jock) Andy.😊

It’s the only unregistered GT430 left in the country. Lotus will almost certainly never build anything as ‘hard core petrolhead focussed’ again. The price on any new car will drop as soon as you drive it off, although even in the current climate a £25k drop seems a little steep. Also the depreciation maths is not so relevant if the car is a definite ‘keeper’.

Waiting for the new model to come along will be like waiting for Godot. I’ll take your year and raise you 18 months, no make that 2 years before Phil & the gang pull their collective finger out. In the interim we all get older, more senile and less inclined to take up the challenge in driving these fantastic cars.

Yep, you will lose the VAT as soon as you drive it away - I got mine for £80K, list price new was £115k so B&C probably took it back in at £75kish

16 hours ago, blindside said:

@scotty435 Also worth mentioning Scott that it was your namesake Scott Walker @Lotus Cars who personally specced the car from top to tail for Leven's as their showroom demo queen. Now there’s a guy who eats, lives and breathes Lotus!
It has a more track focussed  spec with the fixed carbon buckets & all black rims & callipers, which blends well with the carbon in complementing the bright colour. All the plaudits for the look of the car go to him.

6447A3D9-FC9C-4A19-A696-72DD71D751F2.jpeg

FB38041D-16C4-4439-B844-AA54D986B9F0.jpeg

DB4A801E-E5A3-428F-8705-D7EAF52616EA.jpeg

BD89DDDA-DC34-444E-B8AA-971B91593CA8.jpeg

What harnesses bar do you have? The SSC or a Lotus one (the Titanium one, even if I don't even know if it really existed) ? Thanks 

Car is stunning!! 

• Gold FFM

It’s the SSC bar @rallyesax they produced a specific modification to enable fitment in a 410/430.

Lotus never produced the promised Ti bar. Probably for limited volume cost prohibitive reasons.

• Thanks 1

Depreciation sorts the drivers from the posers.

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM
12 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Depreciation sorts the drivers from the posers.

I agree that's why I bought my 410 Sport new for cash and knew a big chunk of that cash was never to come back again. However, the 7k miles done in it so far have been worth every penny.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andy Shaw said:

Hi all. I looked at this one too but just out of my price range, it is the most beautiful thing in real life, yes it’s currently at £110K with 50/50. I went for the anniversary blue GT430 sport, I couldnt bring myself to buy the Olive Green 430! 

Olive Green is a strange colour, earlier this year there was 69 registered 100 mile Exige 410 for sale at a Sytner branch in Warwickshire for £68k, I did think it was a bit of bargain & not far away. So I popped up to see it...
 ...never been that bothered about colour when buying used, but have to admit that i couldn’t give that car a new home!

• Gold FFM
6 minutes ago, 2GOOD said:

Olive Green is a strange colour, earlier this year there was 69 registered 100 mile Exige 410 for sale at a Sytner branch in Warwickshire for £68k, I did think it was a bit of bargain & not far away. So I popped up to see it...
 ...never been that bothered about colour when buying used, but have to admit that i couldn’t give that car a new home!

2 x Olive Green GT430's for sale right now, both been for sale a long time, so obviously not a good colour. Actually, one of them is priced very well and hmmm, £6k for a respray in Fire Red...... lol....

• Gold FFM

I don't like you any more @The Pits. You're a very, very, cruel man!  However, repainting an olive green GT430 to a Fire Red one would surely count as an act of mercy would it not?  

• Haha 1

Oh, I'm just getting started! ;)

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Pulling my hair out (2:51am - 15.12.06) | Its been an overwh… | Flickr

:lol:

Can I help too Corkers?! 

20171006_141721.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

You really have to wonder why more people didn't order Fire Red.

Andy your 410 is outrageously rare and special. If I was buying now I think a mint Sport 410 would just be irresistable. Stu's black one is still for sale at B&C I believe. That is such an immaculate example. Absolutely flawless. I'd ask them to hide the Liquid Yellow 430 round the back though!

Last one, promise! ;)

IMG_6457.thumb.JPG.e94af3df8d10c65ab6c8b98ae1bf3938.JPG

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Pulling my hair out (2:51am - 15.12.06) | Its been an overwh… | Flickr

Painting any Olive green car to any other colour is an act of mercy - A GT430 in Olive green is pure sacrilege and should never have been allowed! In my opinion!

• Haha 1