free hit
counters
TLF GT430 Club - Page 38 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

TLF GT430 Club

21 minutes ago, Andy Shaw said:

Hiya, mine wasn't spec'd as 2+2 but I have added a set of back seats from an old Evora and fastened a dog lead to the harness bar, yes the dog comes in the car, it's the only way her in doors would let me buy it!

Does the 430 come with a harness bar?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very big day for me today. This is now in the garage. Really special car. Looks very low and compact. Didn't take up the garage space I was expecting. It has massive presence with those win

Mine has been delivered yesterday   

Guilty m'lud! Motorsport Green. Carbon race seats, sound deadening, air con, no stereo, black diamond cut wheels with black wingstays. Impossible to believe but it should be sitting in

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Bruss said:

Does the 430 come with a harness bar?

It certainly looks like a harness bar to me! I removed the panel from what i call the bulk head behind the seats, and there is a fixed bar across the car. the black panel also has cut outs pre done for where a race harness would come through, these align exactly with the "harness" bar. check it out on yours, its just a case of removing half a dozen screws. 

2 minutes ago, Andy Shaw said:

It certainly looks like a harness bar to me! I removed the panel from what i call the bulk head behind the seats, and there is a fixed bar across the car. the black panel also has cut outs pre done for where a race harness would come through, these align exactly with the "harness" bar. check it out on yours, its just a case of removing half a dozen screws. 

Not a harness bar on my S1.

• Gold FFM

@Andy Shaw I suspect you are talking about the horizontal  brace in the rear bulkhead.

There’s no inbuilt harness bar in the 430, or any other Evora model. If you want one for track use you need to install a dedicated aftermarket item like the SSC bar:
https://www.simplysportscars.com/shop/track-and-safety/10539-evora-harness-bar-kit

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/05/2020 at 21:13, Trevsked said:

It’s a fabulous colour and I loved it but had the itch for something else. I’d buy back if I could afford it as for me the perfect balance for road and track, enjoyed every mm travelled.

Trevor.

Hi Trevor, how's the little one coming on?

Andy

andy

Ah, penny dropped now Andy. Coming along ok actually, enough to move it outside as has the screen back in. New carpets, dash in and digital dash all working. I should update my original thread with a few pics.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Nice, your getting there!

Bit faster than I am with mine, seats went in nicely, just made a frame, boy what a difference!

Andy

andy

Not sure if that is vinyls or paint? But have to say it looks amazing.

Guys, I need ur help

I’m hearing noise in my steering wheel when I turn it left and right. But it is not constant, comes and goes. I hear it inside the dashboard. Lotus dealer changed my column 2 months ago, but could not identify the problem. And now the noise is back. Any idea or similar experience? 
also, does ur steering wheel make a knock sound at full lock?

Edited by Hakim0v

Hi Black Forest Power, how did you book the experience day at Anneau du Rhin?

Would love to do the same but their website doesn’t mention the GT430?

We always bring our own cars and hire the race tracks through our car clubs exclusively for us for the whole day. The same we did with Spa-Francorchamps this week again.

FCD8562F-DBED-482B-805F-BE89944C0C0C.jpeg

3BE26BA5-96D5-415C-AAEE-F85E69EB57A9.jpeg

Edited by Black Forest Power
  • Like 2

Hi Guys, I know this has been discussed quite a bit, but still confused... I am looking to bypass the electronic exhaust opening at 4.700 RPM and have the on/off switch capability at lower RPMs. I understand there are 2 possibilities;

1)reinstate the on/off switch on dashboard But can not seem to make this work (tried to take the safety washer of the switch, but still does not work - and not sure if actually wired-in on my GT430)?

1) remote controlled system - but does this maintain the automatic opening of the exhaust valve when not pressed?

many thanks for your help!

Hi, you need to speak to your local Lotus dealer, the dealer needs to upload software from Evora 400 

once you have software & switch it will allow you to open/close valve, after you operate switch to open the valve will stay open until ignition is switched off or you press switch again 

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• 2 weeks later...

Nicely done, congrats and good luck :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.