Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 4 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

That will forever be GT430 #1!

Another TLF member is about to join the club too but will let him make the announcement. I’m very excited about the colour he’s planning though. One of my favourites!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 04:35, Mark Allin said:

For those buying - I invested in Gtecniq ceramic coating.  Well worth it and a doddle to clean

C62E588F-13BC-411A-A86E-193D22C98D71.jpeg

5AC04A3A-1435-4944-9757-499BAD27AAE1.jpeg

Is the front splitter of the 430 Carbon Fiber or GRP?

I wonder if it will fit on an S1 Evora .....

Thanks

Edited by phenoyz

On 12/11/2017 at 12:35, Mark Allin said:

For those buying - I invested in Gtecniq ceramic coating.  Well worth it and a doddle to clean

C62E588F-13BC-411A-A86E-193D22C98D71.jpeg

5AC04A3A-1435-4944-9757-499BAD27AAE1.jpeg

Where in Hampshire are you based? Would love to see this on the road!

10 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Still haven't driven mine yet. It's currently having a lot of PPF applied.

The reality is, these cars need more protection than most, the additional cost stings I can tell you but it's just something that needs to be done. To be fair to Lotus it comes with a lot of PPF from the factory. But to feel that the car is well protected will change the ownership experience, take away a lot of anxiety and allow owners to get on with enjoying the car to the full. That's certainly the plan!

Agreed, I had the lower half of my current ride PPF'ed... well worth it, not only the road rash but I picked up a couple of minor scrapes when the car was parked up, both caught by the protection. Well worth the initial outlay for peace of mind. BTW is that your green machine? Love that colour! 

• Like 1

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

It's a very special car. I know the basic ingredients are similar to an Evora 400 but the GT430 is a very different car to drive even compared to the Sport 410. Aero effect of the winged version is a unique sensation in an Evora for a start. Ohlins and giant tyres create a remarkably different driving experience. Adding very high quality adjustable suspension to the Evora has created extraordinary duality. You can never really tune the track side out of an Exige (long may that last!) but this is quite a big step up as a road car, one that also happens to be faster than a 311 around Hethel. Astonishing car really. One that very few people will ever fully appreciate.

All this rareness and specialness comes with some anxiety though. A large PPF bill is just the start. I actually dreamt last night that I was riding shotgun with Jann Mardenborough at the wheel. I hadn't even driven it yet but for some strange reason I felt sorry for Jann and let him have a go (no backstory was provided there, your guess is as good as mine!). He was loving it right up until he smashed it into a huge pot hole, ripping off two wheels and the front splitter plus a massive gash down the side. I literally wept rivers by the side of the road! It was a huge relief to wake up this morning!

:D

I still hope to make it Gary but it's still at the PPF place so not getting my hopes up. Weather's looking great too! If anyone sees Jann Mardenborough up there, I'm off! 

• Like 1

You are right to leave the car where it is until your PPF is complete.

When I picked up my GTE from the factory (no PPF), PPF was one of the first things on my mind to arrange. It took two months to get it booked in anywhere due to the lack of an existing template. During those weeks I encountered the worst section of fresh loose chippings I have ever known. I felt sick to the stomach driving along at 20mph listening to the machine-gun rattling of stones on Lotus and grimaced every time a car came the other way. I nearly got away with it, but was left with a single souvenir in the shape of a small stone chip on the leading edge of a rear wheel arch vent.

More was to come. On the drive to the PPF guys, a pheasant chick came hurtling out of the  M1 roadside verge, closely followed by its mother and ran straight into the front of my car. I couldn't believe it. I pulled over at the exit and got out to take a look at the expected mess. Nothing. Not even feather. Phew!

So I got the car professionally machine polished / detailed and the PPF measured up and applied. I have front half treatment (up to lights and across), barge boards, lower rear arches, rear wing and maybe another couple of bits.

When I returned to collect it a few days later, all but one of the routes out of the town had had freshly laid chippings! Fortunately the proprietor was able to show me a small country road which had so far escaped the dreaded council's attentions and we headed home that way. Two and a half years on, there is only one small light scuff to the bodywork just beyond where the PPF ends. Only I notice it. I am 90% certain it happened whilst in for service, so someone probably dropped something on it.

One point to note. The PPF sections don't feel as nice to the touch as the exposed paintwork. You notice it when cleaning the car. For that reason I personally wouldn't want the whole vehicle covered. You lose a bit of that original paintwork sheen.

I feel your pain! The road outside my house was freshly resurfaced the week I got my Exige V6 Cup! Fortunately I got away lightly with that although I think driving 15mph annoyed quite a few people that week! Agree that I'd rather not cover the whole car with PPF, finish of Xpel Ultimate is the best I've seen but still not a patch on an untreated panel.

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

I feel your pain! The road outside my house was freshly resurfaced the week I got my Exige V6 Cup! Fortunately I got away lightly with that although I think driving 15mph annoyed quite a few people that week! Agree that I'd rather not cover the whole car with PPF, finish of Xpel Ultimate is the best I've seen but still not a patch on an untreated panel.

Your template is now getting its second use! My detailer has already seen the GT430 Xpel template which has been uploaded from yours.

Unfortunately its the 1st week of February for mine to get fitted..... and a possible road trip in January is filling me with dread. The solution....... Murrays are going to cover the car with freehand PPF as a temporary measure until it can go in for its machine polish and proper Xpel fitting.

The build of mine continues on track. I only wish I could share the pics as its great to see the car develop from sub frame to near complete. Its currently waiting for a rear bumper and tailgate and that should be it.

Still on for delivery date of 23rd December..... as long as nothing scuppers that then it will be a fab Christmas treat :) 

• Like 1

Annoying about the PPF but that sounds very encouraging. What's the plan for the Jan road trip?

46 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Annoying about the PPF but that sounds very encouraging. What's the plan for the Jan road trip?

Road trip wont be far..... its a birthday run from Aberdeen to St Andrews followed by a big social overnighter and a pub crawl in St Andrews itself.

To be fair... my bigger issue is the distance between me and the dealership.... Im just under 150miles door to door over some amazing roads.... which wont be nearly so amazing in December as im directly over the ski routes.

• 4 weeks later...