free hit
counters
TLF GT430 Club - Page 40 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

TLF GT430 Club

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very big day for me today. This is now in the garage. Really special car. Looks very low and compact. Didn't take up the garage space I was expecting. It has massive presence with those win

Mine has been delivered yesterday   

Guilty m'lud! Motorsport Green. Carbon race seats, sound deadening, air con, no stereo, black diamond cut wheels with black wingstays. Impossible to believe but it should be sitting in

Posted Images

Your car looks awesome John, so jealous lol, did some great trips in my 2010 evora few years back with the wife, they are all round amazing cars.

Looking to get another at the mo, hopefully an s sports racer.

Enjoy

Carl

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

It is Sizona's old car

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Looks lovely Jimmy, are you getting much use in it? I'm just through 8k miles now in my 410 Sport....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

A fair bit Andy just over 3k Miles now, but had a small oil leak; (sump seal eventually sorted out under warranty when lockdown ended). I’ve spent more time bombing around in my Megane, including a track day at Knockhill in your neck of the woods the other weekend. Great fun, tricky wee track!

• Gold FFM

The Megane is a cracking car. If I'd known you were in Scotlandshire I'd have popped on over, Knockhill is only 30-40minutes away.  It's a great wee track that can catch you out if you start dosing as I found out once when i was coming to the end of the home straight and forgot about the right turn at the end!  To this day I still have no idea how the Evora and I made that corner in 1 piece and the guy behind me was convinced we were a gonna! Think I started turning sharp right when still doing about 125mph!!!  Lol....  That woke me up!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There seems a steady flow of 430s on the market. I might be tempted to upgrade from my S1 Sport Racer. 
Anyone know the background to the car Hofmanns are auctioning?

https://hofmanns.co.uk/cars/lotus-evora-gt430/

Edited by Gazm
  • Gold FFM

@GazmLooks very like the car that Central had for sale a while ago:  https://centrallotus.com/pre-owned/lotus-evora-gt430-in-exclusive-empire-green-2018-104999/

Howard’s also had an Empire Green car for sale at around the same time, but It had silver rims & accents. 

Good luck if you intend to bid for it!

44 minutes ago, blindside said:

Looks very like the car that Central had for sale a while ago

I'd say that it's definitely the same car: "First supplied by Central Lotus and its running in service also carried out by the same dealer in May 2018, the car was then used on some European tours before being placed in storage."

• Gold FFM

I believe this is the car from Central and the owner was from up in Aberdeen, he bought the car new from Central. It was for sale in the Auto Lounge and I saw it at a track day in March this year.  Looked OK but I noticed the sail panel had cracked and the discs / wheel bolts looked very rusty - probably because it had been stored for a while. Went well and sounded glorious on the track.

Lovely colour in the metal (or plastic!).

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

.  Looked OK but I noticed the sail panel had cracked and the discs / wheel bolts looked very rusty - probably because it had been stored for a while..

Those bloody sail panels!! They were under engineered on the S1, to keep the same material on the GT range makes my heart sink. 
I just hope the LED “sidelights” were sorted for the GT. 

On 08/09/2020 at 08:41, Gazm said:

There seems a steady flow of 430s on the market. I might be tempted to upgrade from my S1 Sport Racer. 

Have you spoken to B&C? This one seems keenly priced:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Congrats Simon! 430 looks even more menacing in metallic black. 😈