free hit
counters
TLF GT430 Club - Page 41 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

TLF GT430 Club

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very big day for me today. This is now in the garage. Really special car. Looks very low and compact. Didn't take up the garage space I was expecting. It has massive presence with those win

Mine has been delivered yesterday   

Guilty m'lud! Motorsport Green. Carbon race seats, sound deadening, air con, no stereo, black diamond cut wheels with black wingstays. Impossible to believe but it should be sitting in

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Don’t understand why it as took so long to sell because it is stunning.

My wife said I could not buy it - she did not like the colour - she preferred a dark green gt410 sport, but i ended up with the olive green gt430.

• Like 2

I started off looking at 400s as an entry back into Lotus life but man maths has me in GT430 territory.

I noted the silver one at Porsche Aberdeen at £74.5 sold really quickly, just missed out.

Does anyone know the lotus racing green at Hoffman’s 2+2? The auto and colour is the only downer but must be the only 2+2?

• Gold FFM

Congratulations @Ali tuck you have a truly stunning motor there. Nice one. Super result! 👍👍

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

So does this mean all gt430s are now sold and in private hands? 

3 minutes ago, dcmp said:

So does this mean all gt430s are now sold and in private hands? 

Ah just had a look, still 2 available. 

• Gold FFM

Many congrats & welcome to ‘the club’@Ali tuck 😎

Liquid yellow is a brilliant colour & the red highlights really add to the visual impact. No doubt you will be impatient to get through the run in period. Look forward to hearing your views on the car in due course.

• Like 2

Sure this is your car. It was on my list when I was looking to buy a new Evora but sadly my budget could not stretch that far. It’s stunning and in one of the best colours well done so happy for you 👏

EB046F81-FFF2-40EA-BDB2-8C1CC18C66AA.jpeg

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Andy Shaw said:

Congrats. Car looks absolutely beautiful! I was stood in the showroom looking at it but simply couldn’t afford it, so I went for the anniversary blue GT430 sport. Loving it! 

This is the only GT430 sport isn't it, it was on a video by Jay Emm  So an even more rare car then the GT430.

Yep! It’s the only registered one in the U.K.  I think there are 2 in Germany so yes pretty unique. It gets plenty of attention in a positive way which is nice. I’ve already left my deposit for the upcoming new Type 131 (project gama) and that will deffo be liquid yellow!

• Like 1

IPS means big number tuning possibilities without the limits of the manual gearbox / clutch?

Reading elsewhere on TLF about a 600bhp Evora (big supercharger, new ECU, some engine internals -  by 247 Motorsport / SCS delta) on an IPS gearbox whereas 500bhp probably the limit for manual box?

• Gold FFM
8 minutes ago, Five50 said:

IPS means big number tuning possibilities without the limits of the manual gearbox / clutch?

Reading elsewhere on TLF about a 600bhp Evora (big supercharger, new ECU, some engine internals -  by 247 Motorsport / SCS delta) on an IPS gearbox whereas 500bhp probably the limit for manual box?

Not true. The ECU will monitor and limit the engine power for the IPS and actually it might not be able to cope with the manuals max. I can't remember the exact figure but the IPS is power/torque limited.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

The IPS (TCS & TCU) on a Evora will slip on an increase of horsepower if you perform an ECU software upgrade in addition to motor enhancements and requires IPS modification.

The IPS box in GT430 takes more torque as standard, it will also take more horses than standard manual box in 430

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• Gold FFM

So is it a different box then as even Komotec restricts its top end kits to reduce the HP/Torque on the IPS - e.g. EV475 gives 475hp and 500nm manual, 450hp and 480nm IPS and the EV460 gives 460hp/495nm manual and 440hp/475nm IPS.

• Gold FFM
50 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

So is it a different box then as even Komotec restricts its top end kits to reduce the HP/Torque on the IPS - e.g. EV475 gives 475hp and 500nm manual, 450hp and 480nm IPS and the EV460 gives 460hp/495nm manual and 440hp/475nm IPS.

For an Evora IPS you may want to consider the BOE IPS TEK kit (to handle the increased (slip) torque coming your way if you are looking at the Komotec EV475 which consists of ECU flash and hardware kit. 

if Stick, full speed ahead!

enjoy!

@C8RKHwill find email on Tuesday, if I remember factory said the reworked IPS box would take 450bhp which would be out of step with the manual box 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• Gold FFM

Ok so there is a contradiction then as the standard manual can go to 500bhp, IPS 450bhp  - so the manual can take more -  I believe the question was around upper limits if tuning - i.e. what could you get to safely as opposed to the factory standards.

It's all pissing the pot stuff to be honest, but good to know what option can deliver what.

In the Exige V6 projects section of TLF, a guy is tuning his 380 Sport (thread titled “my 380 Sport with TVS 1900”) and mentions the 600bhp Evora IPS put together by 247 Motorsport and SCS Delta. The implication is that the gearbox hardware is not modified, however, an assessment of the kit is not the focus of the piece.

I can’t link it here - am not sure if you can’t link to the Forum in the Forum.

Looking at the SCS Delta website, their Evora ECU kit covers the engine and gearbox although they don’t seem to provide more details on their specific car.