free hit
counters
TLF GT430 Club - Page 43 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

TLF GT430 Club

3 hours ago, blindside said:

The reality is that it is unlikely that Lotus ever made the planned quota of 60 cars. There are just 22 GT 430’s registered in the UK and only one 430 Sport.

At least one GT430 owner must have a CoP for their car. Aren’t production numbers on that?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very big day for me today. This is now in the garage. Really special car. Looks very low and compact. Didn't take up the garage space I was expecting. It has massive presence with those win

Mine has been delivered yesterday   

New Club Member

Posted Images

4 hours ago, blindside said:

I’m very surprised Lotus Australia have provided you with the wrong information. You’d expect them to know about this. 

The GT430 & GT430 Sport were built to order as a limited edition of 60 cars total worldwide in late 2017 & 2018. (Production ceased in 2018).

The reality is that it is unlikely that Lotus ever made the planned quota of 60 cars. There are just 22 GT 430’s registered in the UK and only one 430 Sport.

I don’t know the numbers of both models produced for the rest the world, but an educated guess is around 30. Someone on here may know the exact figures & the market/countries they went to.

I was told a few GT430's went to Germany, a similar amount to what we have in the UK, as regards Sport 430's, I have only heard of 3, the one I have in the UK and 2 that also went to Germany.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

One is extremely fugly, the other isn't

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I hope you are doing well.

I've checked the forum for info eslewhere but cant seem to find any additional info.

It looks like there will be an Evora final edition.

Any thoughts/information on how this compares to the GT430?

Thanks,

DCMP.

6 minutes ago, dcmp said:

Hi all, I hope you are doing well.

I've checked the forum for info eslewhere but cant seem to find any additional info.

It looks like there will be an Evora final edition.

Any thoughts/information on how this compares to the GT430?

Thanks,

DCMP.

I’ve just been reading that it’s release is imminent so watching with interest.

I have a GT430 but doubt/hope I’m not drawn towards changing.

From the article on the front page:  https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/saving-the-best-til-last-the-lotus-elise-and-exige-final-edition-cars/

As revealed last month, the Lotus Evora has also entered its final year of production. Further announcements about plans to celebrate this model will be announced in due course.

I guess Evora fans will have to wait a little longer?  But looking at the Elise and Exige Final Editions,  I'm guessing it'll be a tweak rather than a massive overhaul.  I think we'll see a 430 version sold again and more carbon aero options, so kind of like a GT430?

Don't think it'll make existing 410/430 owners want to switch but should help give a gentle nudge to new comers to the Evora or existing owners thinking of moving up to the 410 line.

• Gold FFM

I think the GT410 Sport will become the GT420 SPORT (as the Exige) to still sit below the GT430 "halo" model.

I don't see another GT430 Sport as that's been done and can't see them doing a 440 Sport as that would seriously piss off some loyal owners for sure. 

A GT420 Sport, with all the carbon and a couple of nice new bits, in Fire Red or Ardent Red, for £105k -----  ooohhhh!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I've spent 10 years years upgrading from my 2nd elise to an Exige Mk2, to an Exige V6 to the GT430 believing I got to the Halo.

I also think it would upset a few people to come out with a version that sits with or higher than these halo models in their current Toyota guise...

• Like 1

The other cars have new dashboads and colours and some sticker options, can't see a great load of mods as there is some expense to design/build. 

Unless the have a very special 500hp hybrid that could use whatever the 131 may have.

if its something like a hybrid then that is drastically different and doesn't bother me as you are changing the basis on which the car is built.

Not sure what the word 'cup' would add. I'm no expert on the models but I thought that word was always associated with the Elise or Exige...

3 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

What about a Cup 430?

edit: With similar tweaks to the Exige Cup 430

If the last evora's are just tweaks to the existing gt410 sport etc, then why not announce at the same time. That's why I had a way out thought, the 131 has been seen (I think) under an evora with wider arches. Other manufacturers  have put a new engine in the last of the old model before launching a new one, just to try the engine out.

• Gold FFM

Happy to bet a fiver it will be a GT420 - seriously, they are not going top upset the GT430 owners as those could well be the next 131 buyers if the spec is right.

I also cannot see them putting in a different engine. I think that's a crazy assumption given the size of Lotus and we know the 131 is a whole new chassis. The rework to do that would not be worth it to sell what, 50 cars globally and would need new accreditations and things.

So, a fiver says a GT420, with the GT430 front and rear exposed carbon bumpers (with air vents at the front like the US GT)and the carbon splitter, two free cupholders in 3 "special colours" all for around £105k. 

@dcmp I'm no expert so will someone with better knowledge than me please correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't the Cup nomenclature signify that it is more track oriented? and have the goodies for track usage.

I too cannot see them upping the power beyond 430. If 430 is the ceiling for the Exige, then I think that’s going to remain the high point for the Evora. Also gearbox limitations to consider: not worth a redesign for such a short run of vehicles. 

As C8RKH says, 420 makes sense and/or maybe 430, again in line with the FE Exiges.

Apart from that just a few additional bits and bobs, special colours etc. Bring back Aquamarine/Oyster like the Geneva show car!

21 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

@dcmp I'm no expert so will someone with better knowledge than me please correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't the Cup nomenclature signify that it is more track oriented? and have the goodies for track usage.

I already said that I'm not on the money with details on the use of the word 'cup'. All I know is that it being used more than once for the other 2 models - I think I would be right saying that.

Being a GT, I think the main focus of this car was more at a tourer as opposed to a track machine. I would say however, that it would be ill-advised that with all the upgrades on the GT430, to say it wouldn't be suitable for the track.

With this said, what extra would they put on the Evora GT430 to make it track orientated that it doesn't already have?

Food for thought though.

• Like 1

To me when manufacturers make a "cup" version of the car its stripped down tack day / race series car suitable for road.  So think partial roll cage, racing harness rather than 3 point seatbelt, semi slick tyres, radio / air con removed (but usually can be added back in as options), that sort of thing.  I don't think that suits the Evora as you have the Exige which ticks all of those boxes.

The Evora 410-430 versions are very capable on track but I don't think these are stripped back enough to call them a CUP car.  You could use the GT410/430 cars fairly regularly almost as a daily (hypothetically).  Where as the Elise or Exige CUP versions I think are a bit too constrained for even your average Lotus person to use regularly, they are mostly for the special occasion.

I agree on with the comments above about not pissing of GT430 owners and I think the idea of a 420 version is a pretty good shout (I forgot the Exige comes in that tune).

• Gold FFM
49 minutes ago, dcmp said:

With this said, what extra would they put on the Evora GT430 to make it track orientated that it doesn't already have?

Maybe the better question is what else could they take away to make it more track orientated?  ;)

9 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Maybe the better question is what else could they take away to make it more track orientated?  ;)

The rear seats, of course 😉

(Then they'll put them back in for the last 5.)

23 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

take away seats, put in roll cage. Semantics 🙂

I will amend my question to 'amend' or 'change'.