free hit
counters
TLF GT430 Club - Page 47 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

Well done, I’ve been looking for a while but working overseas makes it tricky. 🙄

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
13 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:
21 minutes ago, dcmp said:

But I don't think it's the first of 60 and I think I've seen others say the same thing. So yes, to me it should have been the same as the lf1.

Lotus managed to have each Elan M100 S2 to have unique numbers on the edition plate

My Elan M100 S2 is not numbered...did they make 801? 

340R are numbered - but the factory kept no records Ltd Ed number to chassis number. So Ltd Ed numbers can get moved, faked, mistake etc...chassis number more reliable. 

Justin

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

Lotus managed to have each Elan M100 S2 to have unique numbers on the edition plate. It is a shame they did not do it on the gt430's as it would help really knowing how many were actually made.

Yep it is a bit strange as the CoP states the build number

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

So there are now 2 in Devon - not bad for part of the country where most people only think about coming to, on their holidays.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

A bit easier to get in and out of than a LF1.

Wonderful car - have fun.

Justin 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Many congrats @DDubya  your persistence was definitely worth it. 430 looks extremely menacing in black. Health to drive!

• Like 1

@DDubya congrats, you won't regret it.

So, am I right in thinking there is no GT430s available for purchase now? They are all in owner hands hopefully. 

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, blindside said:

when the splitter was scraped at low speed. 

I had this issue etc, B&C fitted a splitter they were going to chuck away, but since the car has had some adjustment by SWLC I hardly ever touch the splitter so I am thinking of putting my good original one back on. Plus the use of a long curved interior mirror on the passenger sun visor means I can get out of my angled driveway much easier. 

• Gold FFM

Yes @Bravo73I still use a narrow length of the helicopter grade ppf on the leading edge of the splitter. I’ve found it doesn’t cope as well on the underside as the roofing tape.

Love to buy it as a spare...........

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Love to buy it as a spare...........

Great price for someone

On 29/05/2021 at 20:58, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

s it an ex TLFer car? Looks sort of familiar.

Mark Allin's GT430. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
On 26/05/2021 at 11:14, blindside said:

Attending the recent Absolute Lotus Magazine Scottish Tour was great fun, but Scottish highland B roads were not front splitter friendly. (Sharp car length undulations, uneven gradients and pot holes like wash hand basins). It made route selection important and I got caught out a few times in poor weather, when the splitter was scraped at low speed. 
I have previously tried bespoke protective rubber strips & pads on previous cars, but they all get ripped off too easily. Also using screw-in pads is not a great idea with a beautifully made & very expensive carbon item.

Last year I tried using bituminous roofing tape cut to size to fit the key areas that are most vulnerable (centre & leading edges). The good thing with this tape is that it provides a protective layer with very high adhesion levels that will definitely not get ripped off if the splitter is grounded. 
When I got back from the trip the central taped area was absolutely shredded, but the bituminous layer had stayed in place and largely protected the carbon from any scratch damage. As you would expect for a track oriented car the splitter underside design & fitting is very robust.

I’ve since jacked the front end up and after a lot of careful scraping, with copious amounts of white spirit, have replaced the old tape with a fresh layer. It has proved to be a cheap but very effective solution. 

3C94A323-CC70-41C9-B2D2-76D72A0F9C8A.jpeg

30BDD612-38A7-4816-9DB3-32C72B37262E.jpeg

How was the Scottish Tour I had planned to do it last year before COVID struck.  I am keen to do a few events like that but do have reservations related to the front splitter which I scrape even if driving very very slowly onto my drive.