free hit
counters
TLF GT430 Club - Page 49 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF Jean-Francois. :welcome:

I presume your Evora is red? Just doesn't come across as red when I am looking at the photos.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM
43 minutes ago, ramjet said:

Just doesn't come across as red when I am looking at the photos.

That's an issue with your device as I can see it is pillar box red!  Beautiful car @Jean-Francois Desilets

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

It is definitely red on my phone. Nice!

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• 2 weeks later...

its a figure that ALA gap insurance have stated for our 430 last month

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

14 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

On PH today ... https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12027181      £95k....at Lotus Silverstone no pics yet.

Is this the same one they had for sale on consignment earlier this year?

It seems priced high and waiting for the market to reach it…

11 minutes ago, Gazm said:

Is this the same one they had for sale on consignment earlier this year

They had a black one with just 40 miles, the owner pulled out of selling at the last minute The owner had only ever sat in the car once according to the guy who had agreed to buy it.

Ad says dark metallic grey...

And the mileage is now 4k.

I wonder if it’s this one again? Although I thought it was black. It seems to have spent a good deal of its life for sale at Lotus Silverstone. I remember sitting in it outside their old place when I was there in my GTE. It was still with them when I next visited at their new place.

• Gold FFM
Posted (edited)

Why just a good thing for the GT430 and not Evora's in question?

I do think the Emira will get people looking and actually, to be serious, I think the +2 Evora will see a surge in interest as a result, more so than the more focused Evora's.

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Why just a good thing for the GT430 and not Evora's in question?

I do think the Emira will get people looking and actually, to be serious, I think the +2 Evora will see a surge in interest as a result, more so than the more focused Evora's.

Comment primarily because it’s the 430 thread,but yes I agree all evoras will see interest ,especially as emira will be made in far greater numbers

• Like 2

Also also how much higher spec it is.

Asking prices for Exige 430’s have also gone up recently. Now we know Evora production has stopped and the GT430 is the pinnacle Evora, no FE Evora either prices should reflect that. It could well be seen as the purer, more analog version of the Emira.

• Gold FFM
25 minutes ago, jimichanga said:

It could well be seen as the purer, more analog version of the Emira

I think that really depends on what the prospective owner is looking for.

For instance, if it was a DD/GT then actually the GT410Sport would arguably be the "better" Evora for them. Cheaper to run (no Ohlins to service regularly for a start), +2, no big wing for unwarranted attention etc.

If it was an out and out track weapon/weekend speed machine then surely the Exige 410-430 range would be a purer, more analog version, if you remember that the Emira is not just replacing the Evora, but the Elise and Exige too and that is how it is being sold.

I know this is the GT430 thread, but just because the GT430 was the most "focused" Evora, it does not mean it was the purer, most analogue version of this generation of Lotus models that have all been replaced they Emira. Hell, some would say the 250/260 CUP wins that argument for sure and it would be hard to argue against it.

The GT430 is an exceptional car, but then it suffers like all Evora's do in that the market never really decided what the Evora was, if anything, I think it decided it was more a GT than sports car, and if the case, then the GT430, as the most pure and analogue of the range, will not be seen as the most pure/analogue of this generation of Lotus cars. I would argue the 4xx CUP cars are that. It does not detract from what a great car the GT430 is by the way, but then again, like all Evora's, it did not set the sales world alight and struggled to find buyers with some arguably very desirable cars like the Liquid Yellow one taking 2 years to sell. 

• Gold FFM

Don’t overlook the rarity angle with the GT430. This proportionately should have a greater effect on collectibility in due course. Plus the Evora in all it’s guises is much more flexible & easier to live with than the Exige.

Entertaining to try and rank the most ‘analogue’ Lotus of recent times. Probably all hinges on how crap the aftermarket stereo is.

• Gold FFM

The problem is owners are "invested" in their cars so inevitably whichever one they have will be the "best" etc.  

We used to have "how far can you piss up the wall" conversations at school lol.  The Evora is not an Emira and vice versa and the market will dictate the values.

Before the GT430, the GTE "was the best most exclusive" and the best Evora etc etc. 

The Evora, in whatever guise, is the last of the genuine, handmade, ICE, analogue cars from Lotus. There were so few made in numbers they will ALL be a classic and like with the Esprit there will be a car for every owner in the future whether an S1 NA, an S1 S, a 400, a 410 or a 430.  People now lust after Esprit S1, S2, S3, S3 Turbo, Stephens cars, GT3, V8 etc. All are regarded as classics by someone. Let's just enjoy driving them and celebrate them for what they are.  

• Like 1

The point was the Evora could one day be thought of as a more analog version of the Emira. Same hydraulic steering, charismatic drivetrain, stiff chassis but without all the driver aids, ipads and tft screens. Analog dials with needles are sure to make a comeback just like vinyl and analog watches. Point was never about which was the most pure or analog Lotus, the outgoing range are all equally analog really. Exige is a notch purer and of course lighter without PAS but is too extreme for many as we know. Those seeking a pure expression of Lotus dynamics with some long distance and daily useability might one day begin to appreciate the Evora for the unique gem that it is.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

They had a black one with just 40 miles, the owner pulled out of selling at the last minute The owner had only ever sat in the car once according to the guy who had agreed to buy it.

Ad says dark metallic grey...

And the mileage is now 4k.

No it's not the same one. The original 'New' one that the buyer renaged on my deal, is now with him. 

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Spoke to Matt at LS today and confirmed that it is the car I thought. Up for £95K, which makes me 😃 

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

• 2 weeks later...

Pictures are now on Pistonheads of the GT430.  

Trying to sell a car at £95,000 and they’re poor phone photos that don’t even show the colour (accepting its metallic grey) C1584FEB-3168-4BC6-BA12-B9FB0A91583B.thumb.jpeg.c74546c7634747ef16f8d2a45cdccbe1.jpeg

1 hour ago, OakMan said:

and they’re poor phone photos that don’t

Agree they are very poor pics. I thought that they went up 1 day and came down again but the same set went back up.