free hit
counters
TLF GT430 Club - Page 52 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

• Gold FFM

Good luck with the modifications @Bahaddin Ayan. It sounds as if the 991 GT3 RS has definitely heightened your competitive instincts. It’s a great car for you to try and match for time on track. 

Your videos not showing btw. Maybe try uploading via YouTube?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 minutes ago, whitehart driver said:

The Silverstone GT430, Quick Update for all interested tlf members.

So whereabouts in the country are you. There are 2 in Devon. I must admit that I find it the most impractical of all the lotus vehicles I have owned., but it is very special.,

1 hour ago, whitehart driver said:

The Silverstone GT430, Quick Update for all interested tlf members.

One very happy owner, after quite some deliberation traded my Orange 350 sport for it, ended up with a deal that I thought was pretty good!!!! They sold the 350 pretty quickly as well.

So far have covered just enough miles to get to start to get to know it, very impressive, but also very different to the Exige, wish I could have kept both. Well the trusty Elan Sprint  has company once more, couln't live with just one Lotus for long.

Hope to get out more next year and meet up with other 430 owners.

Best wishes to all, Keep safe

Very nice car 👌

I’ve had mine a year now and loved every mile I’ve put on it.  

Would be good to have a GT430 meet up next year. 

• Like 1

Steve,  it would be great to get as many as possible together, may be we could arrange something for next year as it seems we are in a similar part of the UK. It seems as if there are 20 in the UK, how many are contactable not sure, but it would good to keep this thread alive and see what happens over the next couple of months. Se where the majority are based!

Keep Safe

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all!  I’ve been looking at the GT430 as I’m intrigued about the model. I see that one came up at Silverstone recently.   

Can someone give me an approximate idea of prices ?  I’m quite interested to buy one, but haven’t been looking long so keen to know what sort of price point they are ?

• Gold FFM

The sleeper model is Evora Sport 410. 430 halo car and prices firmed about 12 months ago, having dipped to late-70k's at one point. 

Sport 410 were made from 2017 to 2019, very few produced (less than 25?), carbon seats, carbon roof, carbon front access panel and tailgate, springs 5% firmer than 400. Engine mapping feels significantly different with top end kick between 6000-7000rpm. 

Worth considering if you can't find a 430. 430 will always be 'the one' but Sport 410 prices are soft by comparison presently and are perhaps a wise buy. Several reviews on TLF if you search news section. 

Apologies for mentioning a non-430 in this thread. 

Justin

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, jep said:

The sleeper model is Evora Sport 410

Most people, even on here, don't understand the Sport 410. @The Pits did get it, and he went on to buy a GT430.

The Sport 410 will never be a GT430 obviously, but as a stepping stone to get to a GT430 (which will now very rarely come to the market, maybe 1 a year max) you could do a lot worse. As a Sport 410 owner I am a little biased :)

The GT430 owners I know of, I don't believe any of them would sell their GT430 for say an Emira. I may be wrong, but I'd be quite shocked if they did as two different cars with different purposes.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

22 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

The GT430 owners I know of, I don't believe any of them would sell their GT430 for say an Emira. I may be wrong, but I'd be quite shocked if they did as two different cars with different purposes.

I think the only reason I would sell the GT430 would be when it is too difficult to get in/out of. Then would try the Emira (V6 manual probably) to see how easy that is, but would always think the GT430 to be more special (unless an Emira GTxxx was around) .  Which is also why I want to see what Lotus SUV's come along, so would have to be auto/electric/Wuhan China..  But they could keep me in a Lotus for years to come.

In the meantime am also keen to look at M100 for an easier run about Lotus.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'd echo that. For me, the GT430 is a keeper having upgraded from elise's to exige's to finally the halo car. I would only sell if times were really bad.

Having moved away from the V6 Exige to the easier to get in and out of GT430, I now find myself wanting the 430 Cup one day too. Maybe next summer.

I like the Emira, but i wasn't blown away by it so I doubt i'll ever be tempted to upgrade - but then i didn't like the Evora until the GT 430 press shots came out.

If any GT430's do come onto the market, because of their rarity I suspect it will be a sellers market.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Most people, even on here, don't understand the Sport 410. @The Pits did get it, and he went on to buy a GT430.

The Sport 410 will never be a GT430 obviously, but as a stepping stone to get to a GT430 (which will now very rarely come to the market, maybe 1 a year max) you could do a lot worse. As a Sport 410 owner I am a little biased :)

If the 430 didn't make it to production then we would have gone Sport 410

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, dcmp said:

btw, I recently got one of them Certificates from lotus. Apparently mine is the 8th one produced! Bit annoyed as the badge says 'one of 60' 🙂

You can very simply get a new badge made, at not a big cost. Uncrew the old one and put in the glovebox. You'll never be annoyed again!  :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

They all say 1 of 60,  unlike the Elan m100 s2 that individual plates.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

You can very simply get a new badge made, at not a big cost. Uncrew the old one and put in the glovebox. You'll never be annoyed again!  :)

I've 'think' seen some variation on the badges - I don't believe they are uniformed. 

However, my statement about the badge was a bit tongue in cheek - as hinted at by the smiley.