free hit
counters
TLF GT430 Club - Page 7 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

14 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Looks fantastic dirty actually, good inspiration!

What are your driving impressions to date (when you’re not getting caught speeding!)?

Well you know how it drives better than most - and I don’t think I can put it as eloquently. But....

my lasting impression today was that, on some challenging roads (ones I knew well and others I have never been on before) the car simply dissected them. I was constantly arriving at corners I knew well at speeds I had simply never achieved before. The way that it gathers speed (even only using 3500rpm) and the way that it corners (and therefore leads you on to the followIng straight section quicker than I could before.... it’s simply stunning. I guess I’m saying that i found myself having to recalibrate in every way. 

Its rides really well, not st all figdety despite it being harder. It pours itself into corners too. The only downside I see so far is that (for me) it’s far too quiet. 

• Thanks 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Definitely fully functional wheel arch vents there! Could you see spray coming out at the time?

Great description. I’m confident you’ll be happy with the noise once you get north of 4500rpm!

No spray from front wheel arches at all. The liners do a good job of keeping that all in check. 

I did catch the front splitter this afternoon ?.... coming through a village onto a junction with a change in incline. Duly noted and I won’t make that mistake again. Thankfully no damage and PPF to the underside took the impact 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, anthonyyule said:

Jonny, I think you and I are approaching GT430 ownership from different angles here.....

Weather has been unseasonably mild with us in the wild north. I just had to get the Bitch out for a run.....

Dirty as a very dirty thing now. 

A48F6D75-385C-4F74-9F00-D40B17322167.jpeg

Brilliant !!  well done sir

Great colour! Congratulations and welcome :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Amazing first post! Welcome to TLF.

I believe this is the first GT430 Sport on here. Fire salamander indeed. Solar Yellow?

The Autobahn has a new 'WTF was that?' moment.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

I know they’re functional, but not keen on the trim around the rear arch.

required for UK MOT laws I guess, but it looks like the entire inner arch is sliding outwards.

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

No,  not had the pleasure yet.

It just shows up very clear in Tony’s photo down the flanks.

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

On 12/24/2017 at 17:01, anthonyyule said:

Jonny, I think you and I are approaching GT430 ownership from different angles here.....

Weather has been unseasonably mild with us in the wild north. I just had to get the Bitch out for a run.....

Dirty as a very dirty thing now. 

A48F6D75-385C-4F74-9F00-D40B17322167.jpeg

B0850DF1-782F-4929-8F3F-ADEDD7A24BBB.jpeg

816AFFCD-5976-4133-BE45-CBFA91F38687.jpeg

1BD1057A-D874-4CC1-A2A7-E1107B0D9690.jpeg

F293C68F-F2F3-44C3-9169-73789BAD1370.jpeg

D81DAABC-AD74-417E-9EE3-A5070B1E357F.jpeg

26E94C6D-0BF2-404B-B955-36EAA0F1CB9B.jpeg

Love this! My Evora lives on the street and is almost daily driven - so it’s permanently in that state at this time of year. 

• Like 1

On ‎26‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 10:04, CocoPops said:

I know they’re functional, but not keen on the trim around the rear arch.

required for UK MOT laws I guess, but it looks like the entire inner arch is sliding outwards.

Do they come with every 430 Sport even if you do not opt for the wider tires? (the Styling does not seem to be the top end solution........the real arch is just not wide enough for type Registration I guess......and wider arches maybe too expensive?)

@Black Forest Power welcome and massive congrats, great Color with an awesome contrast to all the carbon pieces in my eyes! Have fun, sure you will have!

@anthonyyule.  Did you have an Evora before the 430?

Generally re the wheelarch extensions. They look as though they are needed to stop some of the crud being thrown up from the wider tyres.

Are the 295's just an option on the 430sport but standard on the GT430?

@Bruss In Germany the arch has to cover the wheel, generally - I guess the same (more or less) needed for the type approvement by Lotus now?

As I understand the Lotus Homepage, only the GT 430 Sport has the 295´s as an Option, therefore my question if you do have to get the black arch Extension if you got the Standard wheels / tires (should be the 410 rims I guess from the pics of the bluegrey 430 Sport of the Lotus Homepage)

If you dont go with the wider wheels, you dont have the rear arch extension :)
I kept with the standard wheels as I wont go on track, the car will be more agile on usual roads, wet, most of the time.

Elise R 07 - Europa SE 2008 - 2Eleven GT4 - Evora N/A - Evora S - Evora S SR - Evora GT430 Sport