free hit
counters
The Positivity Topic. - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

The Positivity Topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought I would start this. It's a bit like the 'What made you happy today?' topic, but a bit more specific. I know there are others on here have had their own scares. I think we need to let people

Im a pretty doom and gloom type of guy. However as I sit here on a fine sunny Sunday morning I feel a very lucky man indeed. A year ago my daughter was in intensive car with two large holes in her hea

20 Years ago my life was good, I had newborn twins, 2 girls, we had bought our first house together (before that we lived in hers) a semi in a place called Mulbarton, sure times were tough money wise.

So I'm the only one then?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• Gold FFM

I woke up this morning. That in itself is enough to make me positive.

A whole new day to do stuff. Another potential 24 hours of living. Another 1,440 minutes to marvel about what life and being is. 

Just been for a bracing walk in the hills by my house. Sun shining. Cold wind biting. Being alive is just fantastic.

My mug is never half full, or half empty. It is always full to the top and brimming. Right now, it is full of lovely hot, deep, rich, roast coffee whilst I sit outside in the sun and cold!

Life is just too short to worry about what might be, or what might happen.  It's certainly too short to be negative or miserable.

Nice thread Michael and glad you are on the mend and seeing the upside.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 2 weeks later...

20 Years ago my life was good, I had newborn twins, 2 girls, we had bought our first house together (before that we lived in hers) a semi in a place called Mulbarton, sure times were tough money wise. I held down 2 and sometimes 3 jobs selling Trucks for MAN during the week days, Motorbikes at weekends and cleaning dishes in a restaurant in the evening. Wendy was a travelling hairdresser and part time waitress in the same restaurant.

One day Wendy said she thought she had some food stuck in her throat and went to see the doctor....several times. The last time they made her a hospital appointment and the very next day she was diagnosed with Cancer and rushed in for an operation to open her throat up and remove part of her Thyroid where the tumor was. After she came out of Hospital looking like Frankenstein I had compassionate leave from my job but mainly being commission based and Wendy not working this caused all sorts of money problems so I went back to work and Wendy had to stay at home on her own with 2 nearly newborn twins and 2 very young daughters. Not ideal for recovery.

a few months went by and everything returned to normalwhen Wendy went in for her first check up and they told her the Cancer had spread, it was now in the rest of her thyroid and surrounding glands. The news was devastating and just to show how serious it was her Critical Illness insurance paid out (normally only pays out in terminal cases). Wendy went back in and this time there was more to take away so her recovery was much longer. I remember sitting with her when she got home asking her if there was anything she wanted. Anything at all and I would move heaven and earth to get it for her. She said "I want a big house with loads of room and somewhere peaceful for me to sit should this be terminal." How could I refuse? That year we bought a 4 bed place in Wymondham, built a conservatory on it so she had her peaceful room and waited year after year until, in the 5th year she was diagnosed as in remission (I hate that phrase but its the closest you get without saying "Survivor" which I hate more). Of course using the insurance money to help buy it was good but it was still hard work with lots of bills, 4 kids and a decent sized mortgage so we both found ourselves working 2 jobs from then on.

So here's the life is good part. Wendy decided she had been so well looked after that she wanted to give something back. So 3 years after her operation she started a Degree in Nursing. Still working at Waitrose from 5am then going to Uni at 9 then working weekends we still managed to make ends meet! Wendy loved it and in the final year inspired my gifted daughter to change her plans in Law to Medicene. Passing her Nursing Degree with a First Class Hons Wendy instantly got a job in a Medicene for the Elderly ward where she wanted to be. (My daughter would go on to become a Doctor and move back to Norwich to work locally).

But it doesn't end there. Whilst Wendy was working she wanted some time to relax and to do so she started painting. Now Wendy is a lovely lady but being a good salesperson is not on her radar. I was so impressed with her work I contacted the local paper and they printed her story showing her painting. Whilst Wendy isn't as dynamic a salesperson as yours truely she is really good with technology and in her spare time set up a website (link below), Facebook page etc. She started selling her paintings (some to members on here). So here we are up to today. From those dark days nearly 20 years ago Wendy is now a District Nurse, her own boss which she loves. She has gone part time to concentrate on her painting more, she recently qualified as a Wildcard entry into Landscape Artists of the year on Sky Arts, She got an honorable mention from John Wonnacott the Royal Artist in a recent Norfolk landscape artist competition and has her submission in for this years Sky Arts, hopefully to get on as a featured artist instead of as a Wild card. Her paintings used to sell for £50-100 and now make up to £1000, 

A couple of years ago Wendy got a contract to do Digital Book covers for a US publishing house and this year has been entered into Book Cover of the year for her cover of my Brothers first published book "Galahad Suns" Which has had excellent reviews and her artwork picked out: Picture below.

https://www.wendykimberleyart.com/bookcover-art?lightbox=dataItem-izg2b20v

We have moved yet again to a bigger house. Sadly I am still doing 2 jobs to pay for it but there we go. How can I refuse her?

Link to that website: https://www.wendykimberleyart.com/galleries

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

:thumbsup: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I’m positively fed up with 2mph mobility scooters driving down the middle of the road!! Get back on the pavements!!!!

There. Feeling positive about my rant now. ?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

My farmer mate - he had a small incident with one and a hedge cutter on the back of the tractor.

tipped the old fart into a ditch..... cost him 6 points that did 

Only here once