free hit
counters
In a parallel exhaust manifold universe.... - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

In a parallel exhaust manifold universe....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just gonna leave this here - again ? Does look lovely - reckon it adds about 200bhp as well ?

Alunox won't be interested in another group buy. It might be something I could arrange though. 

Barry's well known for dragging his heels when it comes to manifold removal.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn’t stretch to an alunox manifold for my S3 Turbo so plumped for a cast iron SE from EBay. I have an S4 Turbocharger that will slot straight on it. Nice reliable wastegate and a little extra Trim. 

6FE5CADF-0244-4470-902E-792B13AA369B.jpeg

• Sad 1

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

I had a look at that one too.  Are you fitting the Later Turbo & Internal Wastegate?    Wont it be a bit of a faff because of the water cooling?  -Just re-read, see you have an S4 Turbo.   

Edited by 910Esprit

Do it man - do it..... that manifolds a thing of beauty - and I didn’t even need to get it - could have saved a lump and put the old manifold on.

seems silly not to by the alunox 

• Like 1

Only here once

Its even more beautiful on the G Turbos....    All anodised wastegates and siamesed pipes.   Its just the price, but as I say, its hot favourite at the moment.    How are your valve clearances Barry?    I've got 3 that are about 2thou under spec, so taking opportunity to do them also.    

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/11/2017 at 22:31, 910Esprit said:

I had a look at that one too.  Are you fitting the Later Turbo & Internal Wastegate?    Wont it be a bit of a faff because of the water cooling?  -Just re-read, see you have an S4 Turbo.   

I followed Barry’s lead and spoke to Leon at Alunox. They want £1600 and right now I have to find the cash to spend on the white S3 Turbo to rebuild the engine as it had a melted piston?. When the red car goes I will have a bit more cash flow , so for now the cast iron one will suffice. Was on the last group buy but cancelled when I sold the S4. Kicking myself now. The water will just be tapped into the the pipes as on the S4. Im confident that the old waste gate jammed up and blew the number 3 piston so the extra reliability of the internal waste gate is a bonus as I’m trying to get a bit more power from the rebuilt engine. Forged pistons and lightweight rods with a flowed head. Heavy duty bearings and a few other odds and sods. Should be able to wind the boost up a little with some careful jetting. Not going to change the valve sizes as I don’t want to push my luck just yet. Seriously considering water/ meth injection though. Instead of charge cooling. Don’t want to change the appearance in the bay too much. ?

• Like 1

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

Get that cast manifold and make sure it’s flat across the mating faces. The one I have removed isn’t perfectly flat. Just needs sitting on a long belt sander for a minute or so.

yeah the manifold was expensive - I ain’t gonna lie about that - but I am keeping this car so I don’t want to be fitting another replacement cast one in 5 years time. They don’t seem to age well at all these modern cast units

Just gonna leave this here

BA2D3757-9AA7-40C4-B44D-50F5265521B8.thumb.jpeg.15cdf81d9c200cb5d49784935911813e.jpeg

• Like 1

Only here once

Alunox won't be interested in another group buy. It might be something I could arrange though. 

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Crack on son.... ??✌️

The price Alunox quoted me was another level more eyewatering than £1600, but to be fair it was their super duper complete system.  

That picture of Barry's manifold is appearing all over the internet and is slowing up servers all over the place.....    I am still umming and ahhing whether to go with a new Std manifold & Wastegate adaptor and save a lot of money....   Not in any real hurry as I'm now taking my time over winter maintenance tasks.  

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, top-plumber said:

Crack on son.... ??✌️

I am, just for you :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On 29/11/2017 at 21:43, Barrykearley said:

Just gonna leave this here - again ?

BA2D3757-9AA7-40C4-B44D-50F5265521B8.thumb.jpeg.15cdf81d9c200cb5d49784935911813e.jpeg

Does look lovely - reckon it adds about 200bhp as well ?

Hahaha....if only. 

Its about 20 though isn’t it?

Dave ( changes ) can confirm. 

I missed out on Darren’s one. ?

I don’t really care about the performance add - I’m more concerned with never having to replace an expensive cast manifold again.

bummer about the other one

Only here once

• 3 months later...