free hit
counters
Anyone thinking of selling / pxing their 400? - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
rafphillips

Anyone thinking of selling / pxing their 400?

I had an NA 2010 which I sold about 4 years ago and despite quite a few issues loved it.

I sold my Cayman GT4 back in July (brilliant car) which I had from new as it just wasn't being used due to 2 seats.

With 2 young kids still (7 and 9) can just about squeeze them in and I can't find another 4 seater under £60k that I want so getting back in a Lotus.

Not in a massive rush as have 2 other cars but looking to get one by Dec so just thought I would give another member thinking of selling theirs (or has a new one on order and pxing) a chance not to get abused by a garage.

Budget up to £55k and consider any colour bar red or yellow. Ideally Orange or Grey.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not a 400, but I'm looking to sell my S sport racer. 23k, great condition -and I daily drive it with three kids 4/8/14.

Cheers for that. Still on look out.

The orange on is the perfect combo for me. If they came down a few £k more would have it not in a rush however so will bide my time.

Yeah saw that I would have to budget for a full wrap :-) 

Check daily for new cars to appear. Flexible with the budget a few £k for a later car.

Hopefully something new comes up soon as been the same stock of cars (hardly any sold) for last few months.

@internets cheers yes I did I am not sure that ones a sensible buy given mileage is a bit high (they are quite mileage sensitive it seems). Looking at how the older models have fared.  Have upped budget to £59k and after looking at a grey one and a silver one in the flesh have settled on orange, red or blue as the colours now so the when a nice later model 16/66/17 plate one that comes up in low miles (ideally want orange with alcantara) ill snap it up. In no massive rush as will be a weekend car.

Some interesting pricing.

31k miles is good going too.

I’m on 7500 in 18m, which includes the 1.4k miles running in trip and last years Dijon/Nurburgring trips (2k). Gotta be £60/62 surely?

Either way, new 400s are 85k! Makes a second hand one look a bargain!

@CocoPops or on the other hand a bit over overpriced new. I paid £77k for a fairly high specced GT4 in 2016 (and sold last summer for more than a full spec evora is new). But I do remember seeing the 400's for £85k back then thinking that's about £10 - 15k over where it should be. Yeah looking at the market yours has to be worth £60k. There's  a 17 plate one on PH that had about £4k miles for £62k that's been for sale a few months.

If you can find the chap that bought the 410 sport press car I had a Mercedes dealer call me to underwrite that the other week so thats being punted round at the moment. Not sure who sold it but they might be able to assist in picking that one up. I would guess B&C sold it. 

Yes to colour and spec ?? Not at that price for a 59 plate I don’t think though compared to others. £59k is a bit steep. I wouldn’t pay more than £55k for a 15/65 plate (early) car personally.

Although I did call B&C on Monday and sent an email on Saturday and havent had a call / email back so don’t rate their cuts services so far.

Had an email on the same age and similar miles (slightly less) with an updated stereo car earlier that he wants £55k for (which I think is very sensible) so hopefully will have one soon as the cash is burning a whole in my account and a I have a wondering eye ?