free hit
counters
Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430" - Page 11 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content


IGNORED

Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430"


4exige

Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, alias23 said:

Genuine question out of interest... has Lotus announced or suggested a 'quiet' exhaust option for UK track days? 

Lotus continue to bang on about the track ability, but still haven't found a solution allowing it to be used on most UK tracks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This 430 Cup makes me wonder.... fortunately it's winter time.... or unfortunately....as I won't drive much around, I might fantasize about buying this 430 Cup next year.... enough can someone slap me on my face please.... wake up......  Ok, tomorrow I go for a drive in the afternoon, the weather is supposed to be all sunny and not too much snow in my swiss alps yet..... It might calm me down a little...... I love this 430 Cup..... the look is not as good as the 380, but still....depending on the angle of the pictures, it's still amazing....you can add side sills and front canards, and it will just look the same... but the rear flat wing makes a lot to make the car look better anyway.... much better than on the sport 350....... 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Won’t the people who bought a Cup 380 be a bit annoyed about this car?

No, says Gales, ‘because they can sell the car now for a higher price than they bought it.’ 

Are all the 380 Cups dealers bought sold then, I could be wrong but i thought there was discussion about some of those still being avialable - does this mean they are all going to go up in price?

This is it - there will be no further iteration and after a couple of years, we expect to see its value growing.’

That is what we want to hear.... although the cynical may say we've heard that before.

  • Thanks 1

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, AndyH said:

"This puts the butterfly valve right in the view of the rear mirror, so as you open the throttle you can see it move in tandem with your right foot – a particularly evocative sight during gear changes."

 

"and the seat runners have been swapped for the same ones as the Evora, saving 1.2kg. Previously the Exige, as per the Elise, has been using the same Mini Metro seat runners for 20 years."

 

"Like the rest of the Exige range, the Cup 430 doesn’t have a limited-slip diff. ‘To fit one would have taken another year to adapt the Bosch ESP,’ Gales says. ‘The traction control and downforce compensate.’"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, LF1 said:

Won’t the people who bought a Cup 380 be a bit annoyed about this car?

No, says Gales, ‘because they can sell the car now for a higher price than they bought it.’ 

Are all the 380 Cups dealers bought sold then, I could be wrong but i thought there was discussion about some of those still being avialable - does this mean they are all going to go up in price?

 

There's five brand spanker 380 Cups on PH for a start that have been on there for months - I can only see them going in one direction pre sale now that the 430 has been announced and that isn't up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, SFO said:

"Like the rest of the Exige range, the Cup 430 doesn’t have a limited-slip diff. ‘To fit one would have taken another year to adapt the Bosch ESP,’ Gales says.’"

That is just straight up bullshit. 

I know of at least one Evora which has had an LSD fitted and the OEM DPM system compensates just fine. 

3 hours ago, alias23 said:

Genuine question out of interest... has Lotus announced or suggested a 'quiet' exhaust option for UK track days? 

No. The supposedly quiet, Lotus developed 400 exhaust was only ever a JMG fib. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mr. Gales could have avoided to say that. It sounds like a joke in front of those who have just given him 85£ or more with optionals... 

My dealer has been lucky: sold last Cup 380 day before they announced Cup 430. However in Switzerland I can see other 3-4 cars always on-stock at another dealer, and you can bet they will have to reduce (and not increase) the selling price! 

What I hate of this story is that they allowed dealers to pre order all the cup 380 without having real buyers. This has created a sort of race to get them.. while the same customer maybe would have waited a bit more and invested in the new one.. like me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Snoopy1969 said:

@cbaileyuk pure irony, of course (sadly enough, I really like the brand but this whole marketing "strategy" is hard to understand...j

Got you ;)

26 minutes ago, Cristiano said:

Mr. Gales could have avoided to say that. It sounds like a joke in front of those who have just given him 85£ or more with optionals... 

My dealer has been lucky: sold last Cup 380 day before they announced Cup 430. However in Switzerland I can see other 3-4 cars always on-stock at another dealer, and you can bet they will have to reduce (and not increase) the selling price! 

What I hate of this story is that they allowed dealers to pre order all the cup 380 without having real buyers. This has created a sort of race to get them.. while the same customer maybe would have waited a bit more and invested in the new one.. like me.

This very point was discussed at length elsewhere when debating whether the 380s were truly sold out. I argued they were not as selling lots to the dealer network is hardly a car selling out. So now it's up to the network to sell them. And I agree and sympathise with what you say, it's rather disingenuous of the marque.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't see 380 Cups going up in value any time soon either. Refreshing to actually see some car journalism for a change. While I'm pleased they are positive, all the reviews so far read exactly the same as the Cup 380 reviews. And the Sport 380 ones before them. Cut and paste job most of them. Lower rpm limit wasn't even noticed.

Reading between the lines though could this perhaps suggest the cars coming down the pipe are going to be very different and quite possibly less appealing to those of us who like the current range? 718 Cayman type situation perhaps?

The bit about the diff was interesting. Hard not to think it would have benefitted Lotus to have delayed the launch until that was ready. Timing would have been better, buyers more ready to consider it. Remaining Cup 380 stock more easily sold (at a higher price). It does seem the diff, among other things, has been left off intentionally. Firstly to get the car to market faster, also to leave some room for upgrading the spec of the 440/450/460. Perhaps they are planning all three! It sounded a lot like we'll have an Exige 4?0 in a year's time with an LSD.

Current trajectory suggests it ends with a full carbon bodied chargecooled 460, with LSD, carbon wheels and carbon ceramic brakes, starting at £125k. Last of the V6s.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, The Pits said:

I can't see 380 Cups going up in value any time soon either. Refreshing to actually see some car journalism for a change. While I'm pleased they are positive, all the reviews so far read exactly the same as the Cup 380 reviews. And the Sport 380 ones before them. Cut and paste job most of them. Lower rpm limit wasn't even noticed.

Reading between the lines though could this perhaps suggest the cars coming down the pipe are going to be very different and quite possibly less appealing to those of us who like the current range? 718 Cayman type situation perhaps?

 

 

 

 

I agree, Jonny.  I asked B&C about their 380 Cup, which is gorgeous but at £95k, I'd rather spend a bit more and get the 430 Cup.  Both great cars though!   The 430 Cup with harnesses would be an absolute beast!  I would love one...  now to go and find some cash...

4 hours ago, Bibs said:

I should have a track friendly solution ready to announce in the next week or 2. 

For noise?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That my friend is very interesting - the biggest issue for me right now with the Exige 430 Cup is that it's a track car that you can't use on track - doh!!!  If you can get the noise down to something reasonable, then happy days!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watch this space :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a phrase, it means news is imminent. I'm picking up my car with it fitted tomorrow and dropping off a supercharged car for final development tweaks. 

  • Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...