free hit
counters
Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430" - Page 12 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
4exige

Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430"

It's a phrase, it means news is imminent. I'm picking up my car with it fitted tomorrow and dropping off a supercharged car for final development tweaks. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

the black bit between the roof and engine cover would look better in body colour IMO

Edited by SFO

Agreed, I liked seeing Motorsport Green there on my Exige. Would happily remove that decal along with the eyeliner if I was getting one.

I love this car but those wheels......doesnt fit the rest of it IMO. 

Was hoping for a forged wheel update. 

With the evora forged wheels being lovely i don't know how they got these so wrong. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Agreed, I liked seeing Motorsport Green there on my Exige. Would happily remove that decal along with the eyeliner if I was getting one.

Agreed too - not a fan of this vinyl wrap, but still a stunning looking car.

Those wheels are forged. They look pretty good in red in my opinion!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, J-P said:

That my friend is very interesting - the biggest issue for me right now with the Exige 430 Cup is that it's a track car that you can't use on track - doh!!!  If you can get the noise down to something reasonable, then happy days!

Isn't it possible to put a silencer or something to the exhaust system?

Cup 380 still has it for looks but if downforce really is now up to 220kg and the cd has gone down from 0.45 to 0.42 (according to CAR magazine), you have to say that's impressive work.

That 15kg figure for the extra weight of the chargecooler must be dry though. Once you've got the fluids on board it's going up. Much prefer that they stuck to wet weights personally. I can see the temptation when everyone else is quoting dry weights but it would be nice for Lotus to maintain the high ground on this.

46 minutes ago, lovus said:

Isn't it possible to put a silencer or something to the exhaust system?

Of course. You could put in a temporary bung for when you are  at the track. This may affect performance very slightly. Call it c.10 hp but at least you can enjoy your track day.

s-l300.jpg

Or have a more permanent one welded in like this or something equivalent. This will likely not affect performance at all given the design difference to a bung. It's basically a straight through resonance chamber that is designed to catch soundwaves a certain way and shut them up. But then you can't set off car alarms when driving around parking garages like you can with the OEM exhaust. 

u457600r_3.jpg

4 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Cup 380 still has it for looks but if downforce really is now up to 220kg and the cd has gone down from 0.45 to 0.42 (according to CAR magazine), you have to say that's impressive work.

That 15kg figure for the extra weight of the chargecooler must be dry though. Once you've got the fluids on board it's going up. Much prefer that they stuck to wet weights personally. I can see the temptation when everyone else is quoting dry weights but it would be nice for Lotus to maintain the high ground on this

Very good point about the dry weight. In a straight line the Cup 430 probably still has the edge for acceleration but it's probably closer than you would initially think due to the weight differences. 

Psst...Add water to the 380 and be faster except for the downforce bit but super sticky tyres can overcome that somewhat and besides you have that state of the art traction control system to help you hook up anyway ;-)

Edited by cib24
  • Like 1

According to this interview it’s the last for a few years:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/lotus/lotus-exige-cup-430-2017-review/

‘Yes, the Cup 380 is a good package. This car is a bit more expensive.

‘This is it - there will be no further iteration and after a couple of years, we expect to see its value growing.’ JMG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, BatMobile said:

According to this interview it’s the last for a few years:

?

• Haha 2

Ditto for the Motoring Research article linked above.

“This is it,” says Lotus CEO Jean-Marc Gales. “We won’t be revealing another one in a year with more power. This is the ultimate Exige.” 

But Gales, for now, insists there will not be a Cup 450. For the remaining two years of Exige production, this will be the pinnacle, the ultimate Exige. And to reinforce the point, production is unlimited, rather than being capped to 50 units, or 80 units, or so forth.

How many units is Gales hoping they sell over the 2 years?

Must be more than 100 otherwise he may as well have limited it to 50 per year as the previous Cup cars were, even though they did 80 x 380 Cups by popular demand.

Still a few 380 Cups for sale at the dealers.

I think a slot has come available for a 380 Cup.

Have Lotus built them all?!?!

Edited by PaulLF1

3 hours ago, cib24 said:

You can probably get 10% off at a minimum on these now if you aren't picky about options.

From a conversation I had with one dealer this week who had stock I'd suggest there's quite a bit more than 10% available!

www.alias23.com

Timing could be very good for one or two, could be a very nice upgrade for someone looking at a Sport 380. I would definitely go for a Cup given that choice. Cup 430 will only have a straight line advantage really. 360 Cup values have held up well, could be a smart buy for some. Get in there while the dealers are still sweating!

• Thanks 2