free hit
counters
Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430" - Page 19 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m new to this forum, but I took delivery of mine today. 

Hopefully this does it a little justice: https://gfwilliams.net/cars/430-cup-driven/ 

Posted Images

Love the colour and look forward to seeing that car soon. I think the paint is something like £5k which is the single biggest contributor to that very spicy  price.

I’m still one of the world’s biggest Exige fans but think the Evora GT430 is better value at that sort of money. But that’s because I’ve had an Exige V6 since 2013 and the Evora’s still a novelty for me. A current E400 owner would probably enjoy the many differences an Exige offers more for the same reason.

At that price it's very hard to force me to open wallet.

For same cabin of my 111R

For same radiator with plastic ends

For same steering, front suspensions etc.

I think that my price is around 80/90.000 euros

By the fox

volpe-uva-350.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ooohhhh very very nice.  Wonder how one would look in Kawasaki Green......

Supercharger finish looks poor. Would be far better in "Crackle Black" for a meaner engine bay. Also, is that an Alcantara interior as that wasn't available initially, only leather iirc.

cheers

5 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

Ooohhhh very very nice.  Wonder how one would look in Kawasaki Green......

Supercharger finish looks poor. Would be far better in "Crackle Black" for a meaner engine bay. Also, is that an Alcantara interior as that wasn't available initially, only leather iirc.

cheers

Alcantara is a no cost option on the 430 cup. @BAS ordered his with Alcantara which I think looks much better than the leather.

my least favorite thing about the 430 Cup is the speedo cover. I really dislike it without the humps.

2 hours ago, BAS said:

On the order spec sheet, you only have leather or alcantara interior as an option - both are no cost @Mark030358

So what colour are we going for @BAS?

2 hours ago, BAS said:

On the order spec sheet, you only have leather or alcantara interior as an option - both are no cost

Interesting, I missed that...

thanks

2 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

So what colour are we going for @BAS?

Totally confused now.

It was an easy choice when the 380 cup was out. The launch colour was blue on black and there were so many photos of it I knew it was the colour to get from the start. No hesitation.

Before I registered it, the 430 arrived and @mark248am took my 380 cup. I loved Essex blue and never really got to enjoy it. So I went Essex blue but with silver wheels/mirror/wing uprights.

However, after seeing the metallic blue 430 on silver wheels, I don't think it looks good. So have to go either Essex blue on black wheels like the 380 cup, or grey on black.

Thing is I think Essex blue suits the 380 cup more but I don't see anything else that I really like and seen first hand...

So what colour am I going for? .. not certain yet. The car goes into production next week!

Edited by BAS
Spell
  • Haha 1

Grey with black wheels is what I'm telling @BAS to go with. The launch color green looks good in some photos but might be too weird or flashy in person in the long run. You can't go wrong with grey and black wheels, thats the color I would get for myself.

20 minutes ago, mark248am said:

Grey with black wheels is what I'm telling @BAS to go with. The launch color green looks good in some photos but might be too weird or flashy in person in the long run. You can't go wrong with grey and black wheels, thats the color I would get for myself.

True, can't go wrong with grey on black. But do I want to go that safe? 

I probably shouldn’t suggest this @BAS but what about Fire Red - I really think it looks superb on the Exige (slightly biased clearly) and the Cup 430 at the factory in Fire Red looked stunning - needs Fire Fed stripes though (somebody had mixed up the access panel on the car there and the stripes were red in error - looked wrong) to make it just right and same inside with the coloured accents.

I would also have to agree that the 380 Cup suits Essex Blue and is the only colour I would have one in......but for the Cup 430, out of the 2 colours you mentioned (grey or blue) I’d say grey with black wheels. I’ve seen the wheels in silver at the factory and they look cheap in that colour......all personal opinion but that is what me and my friend both thought when we saw them. Can you not fly over to Hethel for a look at the cars there? Don’t discount white - it really stands out in white......and there’s no denying the grey ones do look stunning!

F5DB45DF-A3D2-446D-9313-F0107473ABDF.jpeg

There was a GT430 at Silverstone today and looked fantastic with the red detail much the same as the Cup 430.

Always a bigger second hand market for the more subtle colours when you look to upgrade to the 450/460 !!!!!

Anyone seen a dark green metallic like the launch colour, but with yellow accents and yellow stitching and details inside? I think that could look really nice. Could even go luminious yellow accents.

The dark red is lovely too - would like to see that with gold wheels.

Yellow also very nice - I think I am concluding that most colours work on this car. But if it were me that is my short list.

• Gold FFM

What a great problem to have @BAS bet you can’t wait.

i totally agree the forged wheels look cheap in silver but in black it’s a whole other story.

with grey/black they are conservative but look aggressive with lots of presence. My black gets lots of comments around this so I guess it’s what you want.

if you want more of a looker then for me it would be fire red or the blue that anthonyule has his Evora gt430 in.

good luck whatever you choose and lots of pics please :)

Found the below pics of the launch green on the komotec facebook account https://www.facebook.com/pg/lotusamring/photos/?ref=page_internal

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

This green looks pretty hot especially with the silver colored plastic inside and silver stitching instead of the red i've been seeing.

They also have the 430 cup in olive green but not a lot of pictures of it

olive1.jpg

olive2.jpg

• Like 1