free hit
counters
Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430" - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430"

37 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Very exciting. Looks a lot like an Exige to me.

Central wiper.

380 Race?

The red supercharger cover definitely belongs to a chargecooled car though....

They can't be dropping the chargecooled Exige so soon after the 380 Cup surely?!

I'm confused, didn't they put the Exige Race 380 already?! They would not be rolling an update of that one it's been out for less than a year... The exige getting the 430 engine!?

They are getting good at this unveiling thing, I cannot make out what's hiding underneath that piece of cloth. 

That wing promised to be ridiculous though absolutely ridiculous looking but in a good way.

It has to be Evora based, I mean surely! But I can't make out the lines except maybe the shark nose and that is pretty tenuous indication as far as it goes.

The wheel arches seem to be flared - like the Old Evora GTC/GX - or do I need new glasses?

Ok I will stick to my guess Evora Race 430 or 460... Hopefully with full GT4 homologation, cherry on top would be the announcement of a race program as part of the resurgence of Lotus Motorsport arm.

Or could it be a 3-11 with a windshield and more power? 

Edited by NedaSay

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m new to this forum, but I took delivery of mine today. 

Hopefully this does it a little justice: https://gfwilliams.net/cars/430-cup-driven/ 

Posted Images

We've only seen a render of the Race 380 so far. No way that's an Evora under there, nose is all Exige, roofline too low. Wing looks massive but 380 Cups wing was anyway. They sold a lot of V6 CupRs, could well be time for an update.

But chargecooler means it's not a 380, must be 400 minimum! Not sure how that will work with Lotus Cup regs, maybe it's an Exige based customer GT car. Genuinely don't know!

14 minutes ago, The Pits said:

We've only seen a render of the Race 380 so far. No way that's an Evora under there, nose is all Exige, roofline too low. Wing looks massive but 380 Cups wing was anyway. They sold a lot of V6 CupRs, could well be time for an update.

But chargecooler means it's not a 380, must be 400 minimum! Not sure how that will work with Lotus Cup regs, maybe it's an Exige based customer GT car. Genuinely don't know!

You're right, you are totally, entirely right, but they put the Race 380 out last January and it was propped by the regular Harrop supercharger, they provided specs ; the dry weight was going to be 999kg... I don't know if they have sold any of these, we've never seen a real car just a rendering. 

So an exige with the E400 series supercharger, that means adding roughly 40 kg of weight doesn't it. So unless Lotus did the entire body out of carbon fiber, this car weight will be above 1000kg, that or they have used a lot of dark magic or is it East Anglia sorcery...

So if it's an update on the 311, that would be a surprise given they stopped short of the planned 311 units but it would be the easiest way of doing something with the chargecooled motor. 311 is the only thing with an Exigey nose and a chargecooler currently. Let's say it's the rumoured 411 with a windscreen (and hard top by the look of it), wouldn't that make a chargecooled Exige redundant? Maybe they'll continue to prioritize weight with the Exige after all....

We'll know more tomorrow but I'm sure they would have sold a lot more chargecooled Exiges. A 311 with a hard top is going to weigh more than the current 311, if it's got 430bhp it's not going to beat the all time Hethel lap record held by the 460bhp 311 Race, it must have beaten the GT430's production car record of 1.25.8, easy to do when you put the same motor in a much lighter car. 

Only one thing's for certain, whatever it is, it ain't going to be cheap!

22 minutes ago, NedaSay said:

You're right, you are totally, entirely right, but they put the Race 380 out last January and it was propped by the regular Harrop supercharger, they provided specs ; the dry weight was going to be 999kg... I don't know if they have sold any of these, we've never seen a real car just a rendering. 

So an exige with the E400 series supercharger, that means adding roughly 40 kg of weight doesn't it. So unless Lotus did the entire body out of carbon fiber, this car weight will be above 1000kg, that or they have used a lot of dark magic or is it East Anglia sorcery...

How much weight would be saved by using carbon front and rear subframe?

• Confused 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

The new 911 GT2 RS has the Porker boys salivating. Smashed the Nurburgring production lap record with a remarkable 6'47.3. Now we can have some statistical fun. The Hethel lap time leader is the 3-eleven race with a sizzling 1'19.5, for which we also know that Lotus claim a theoretical 'ring time of 7'06.(Gav Kershaw thinks even more speed could be possible). The Porker is 4.59 % faster round the 'ring on this basis. So how fast round Hethel might the quickest production car ever be?....1 minute 16 seconds flat. Something for a possible new Esprit to aim at, especially if it had the same £230-£250k on the road with typical options. A project for JMG to truly salivate over. Come on Geely....

36 minutes ago, DarrylV8 said:

How much weight would be saved by using carbon front and rear subframe?

You want to make the subframe out of carbon fiber???  I guess the weight savings would be substantials but the price to realize a rear subframe in carbone fiber would probably  be astronomical, even Koenigsegg and Pagani still use aluminium or magnesium subframes.

If you were thinking body panels... I guess they could save around 25% maybe 30% compared to regular GRP... Off course should you crash the thing, the bill your insurance will receive to replace the front or rear clam will be anything but light.

And the starting price for the car layered in carbon fibre would be hum pretty high too. I'm thinking that the people who were shocked by the price of the GT430 would, could, should start crying now...

Edited by NedaSay

I seem to recall Lotus made a Titanium rear subframe for the Exige, but it again was hideously expensive. 

https://lotusproactive.wordpress.com/2014/04/15/titanium-rear-subframe-prototype/

lotus-subframe-titaniun-29_03_14_11.jpg?

lotus-subframe-titaniun-25_03_14_3.jpg?w

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

New car launch has me perplexed and excited at the same time. I know only a few companies able to launch a brand new sports car barely a month ago to upstage it merely weeks later...  

Geartox, as a full forum member you seem to have special rights that us basic's miss out on. Your posts aren't deleted/censored for a start....but yes, could be a new Exige. Looks very interesting, 3-eleven coupe even?

4 minutes ago, cobwatch said:

Your posts aren't deleted/censored for a start

Neither are yours, they're just moved to the correct thread about the new car, as these ones now are too... 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

No probs! :)

• Thanks 1

Evora NA

Now that Bibs has guided me to the right place...and i have recovered from my strop...lets make a prediction. I am going for an updated 3-eleven coupe (race) with a new outright lap record of 1'18.9...it is described as a "Beast" after all.

• Bibs changed the title to Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430"