free hit
counters
Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430" - Page 20 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430"

Olive green looks pretty good. 

I thought the A-Frame has to be fitted post factory at dealer (orange 430)

21 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

I probably shouldn’t suggest this @BAS but what about Fire Red - I really think it looks superb on the Exige (slightly biased clearly) and the Cup 430 at the factory in Fire Red looked stunning - needs Fire Fed stripes though (somebody had mixed up the access panel on the car there and the stripes were red in error - looked wrong) to make it just right and same inside with the coloured accents.

I would also have to agree that the 380 Cup suits Essex Blue and is the only colour I would have one in......but for the Cup 430, out of the 2 colours you mentioned (grey or blue) I’d say grey with black wheels. I’ve seen the wheels in silver at the factory and they look cheap in that colour......all personal opinion but that is what me and my friend both thought when we saw them. Can you not fly over to Hethel for a look at the cars there? Don’t discount white - it really stands out in white......and there’s no denying the grey ones do look stunning!

F5DB45DF-A3D2-446D-9313-F0107473ABDF.jpeg

I agree with you on the grey although being a safe colour, is still menacing on the 430.

I just realized it was your car on the other thread (fire red 380). It looks amazing to be honest! Bet u can't wait to have it!

If I were to do it I feel id be paying a lot for changing the stripes and interior stitching + panels to fire red. Like how much would it cost to change the exterior stripes and other parts? 430 is already expensive don't wana pay so much .

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m new to this forum, but I took delivery of mine today. 

Hopefully this does it a little justice: https://gfwilliams.net/cars/430-cup-driven/ 

Posted Images

I’m pretty confident @BAS you wouldn’t be charged any more, especially for the exterior stripes as each car is individually produced anyway. I wasn’t charged any more to have my interior accents in Fire Red - I just paid the standard colour accent amount of £500 and stitching in mine is standard red

1 hour ago, stephenwhyte said:

I’m pretty confident @BAS you wouldn’t be charged any more, especially for the exterior stripes as each car is individually produced anyway. I wasn’t charged any more to have my interior accents in Fire Red - I just paid the standard colour accent amount of £500 and stitching in mine is standard red

That's good to hear. I would have thought it would fall into the exclusive tailored options where you request something and get a quote based on that.

When are you supposed to collect your car?

3 minutes ago, BAS said:

That's good to hear. I would have thought it would fall into the exclusive tailored options where you request something and get a quote based on that.

When are you supposed to collect your car?

Stripes are on Cup so therexeill be no charge to change them I’m sure of it but check with Scott Walker. And the interior accent colour is an option we all pick and costs £500. Mine will be ready in the next couple of weeks.....by which time I’m hoping there will no more snow!!:cry:

9 minutes ago, BAS said:

Yeah makes sense when you put it that way. I'll check @stephenwhyte

Anyone have an idea if the flag on the wing endplates is a sticker or printed?

All the 430's I saw so far have the flag.

The flags are stickers so don’t need to be there - I think they look cheap and nasty and ruin the look

5 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

The flags are stickers so don’t need to be there - I think they look cheap and nasty and ruin the look

Ok good. If they are stickers I can just remove them then upon delivery ?

• Like 1

Maybe me but the car looks very high! @mark248am I would have thought any decent vinyl/sticker company would be able to make you a set of sticker decals in any colour you'd want... the design isn't too difficult and would be a lot easier and quicker than trying to get Lotus to do it!

www.alias23.com

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

3 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I was hoping they'd have another angle showing the stickers. Also is it me or are the brake calipers a different color from the stickers? The stickers look like a toxic green but the calipers are yellow.

I’d say the callipers and decals are all the same yellow just the lighting in the photos I’d think.

Seb Delaney was probably the first to customise decal colour and from what I believe it’s not an issue for them to do this and I can’t see there being a charge.....especially when you consider there are no stripes on this car.

The 430 does sit higher than the 380 models at the back - when I did the factory tour we all commented on it.....would have looked better lower but no doubt there’s an engineering/aerodynamic why it’s better higher.

I think this could be my favourite 430 so far though - the Exige always looks great in Black but yellow striping might have been even better than none?

I think the lack of carbon side skirts, the smaller end plates make it appear to sit higher.

The end plates on the 380 cup curve down and make it look not so high. The side skirts make it look closer to the ground.

They all appear to carry a bit more ride height at the rear. Must have been done to get the best out of the 3 way Nitrons. 311 looks to run a much smaller gap between the tyre and the wheel arch.

9.thumb.jpg.19f0feebb21daa8b002307c770c81f7d.jpg

• Thanks 1

They’re definitely higher - it’s very obvious when you’re standing next to them regardless of bargeboards and end plates missing at the back underside compared to the 380. Imagine it more like rake rather than ride height......ruins the stance a little bit still beautiful :yes:

I bet you're the happiest man in toy town today! How was the drive home though?

:driving:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

2 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I bet you're the happiest man in toy town today! How was the drive home though?

:driving:

Was taking it easy but the main roads between Surrey and London were pretty clear.

Can't wait to open it up properly! (Once its run in <_<)

Stunner. Congrats! Nice touch with the stealth rear lettering and yellow tow strap.

I hope you have the front end at least PPF protected? My black S2 looked like it was done over with a 12-gauge before too long.