free hit
counters
Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430" - Page 21 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430"

Absolutely stunning - that spec has been given some serious consideration as there are a lot of little things you’ve changed from standard. We should maybe do a spot the difference from standard quiz haha!!:thumbup:

One thing - that’s the second time I’ve seen that stereo in a new Exige at B&C (Kenwood I believe)......did you get Jamie to put that in place of what would have been a Clarion one? I challenged Scott Walker about this at the factory and he said the cars wouldn’t leave Hethel with a Kenwood stereo - pity as I would have preferred over the Clarion in my 380.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m new to this forum, but I took delivery of mine today. 

Hopefully this does it a little justice: https://gfwilliams.net/cars/430-cup-driven/ 

Posted Images

Agree with all the previous comments totally stunning, as to be the fastest and best looking Lotus out there at the moment.

Alex Bartram!

firstly, HOW DARE YOU! ?

i leave on Sedlescombe road and have a v6cup with a 460 kit on it - you have just outshone my car... ??

Secondly, CONGRATS!!!!!

that is one gorgeous Car and it looks amazing in the dark and snow - respect for getting a resi permit and driving it home in this weather!

we should lunch darling ?

Some photos (excuse the quality, I am not a photographer)...

Edited by farook

Congrats Alex, what a stunning 430, and very special to have the first one off the line,  my Roadster was the second off the line, it’s no 430 though...!

I bet you didn’t expect snow on collection day, will you be parking it on the street all the time?   I’d be a bit concerned about security but then I guess that’s what insurance is for.

Enjoy every minute - out of interest is it your first Lotus or do you have “previous”...?

Simply stunning and your using it in the most inclement weather for years. The best looking car to come out of Hethel this year, never mind the fastest.

Edited by Bibs
17 hours ago, mark248am said:

@Alex1710 the car looks so hot in black!! What was the process to get the custom decals? From what I can tell in the photos your car is fully glossy black without the matt black area surrounding the rear hatch?

Custom decals are done by B&C, they send off the factory stickers to get templated and then I guess you can have any colour combo you want. Jamie was very helpful in decided what to do for mine, so they are all yellow except for the 'CUP' which has a black centre. This also matches my seat inserts!

The car is metallic black with painted carbon roof and no matt black roof section. I didn't think the lines flowed as well with carbon bits, matt bits and gloss bits all jumbled together.

All the remaining matt black sections are there like the headlights, rear transom and side shark fins.

Also forgot to mention the mirrors and mirror arms are body coloured

9 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

Congrats Alex, what a stunning 430, and very special to have the first one off the line,  my Roadster was the second off the line, it’s no 430 though...!

I bet you didn’t expect snow on collection day, will you be parking it on the street all the time?   I’d be a bit concerned about security but then I guess that’s what insurance is for.

Enjoy every minute - out of interest is it your first Lotus or do you have “previous”...?

No won't be parking on the street much at all, just have the permit as sometimes its handy to have outside my house. It does have a tracker on it as well.

This is actually my first Lotus, I was originally looking at a Exige S V6 a while ago but upsold myself to this! :lol: 

Edited by Alex1710
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Absolutely stunning - that spec has been given some serious consideration as there are a lot of little things you’ve changed from standard. We should maybe do a spot the difference from standard quiz haha!!:thumbup:

One thing - that’s the second time I’ve seen that stereo in a new Exige at B&C (Kenwood I believe)......did you get Jamie to put that in place of what would have been a Clarion one? I challenged Scott Walker about this at the factory and he said the cars wouldn’t leave Hethel with a Kenwood stereo - pity as I would have preferred over the Clarion in my 380.

As the standard stereo, speakers etc are shocking what we did is order it without any radio and then fit a better head unit, better speakers, proper mic, amp and subwoofer at B&C

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Alex1710 said:

As the standard stereo, speakers etc are shocking what we did is order it without any radio and then fit a better head unit, better speakers, proper mic, amp and subwoofer at B&C

Wise thinking....:thumbup: - sent you a PM

11 minutes ago, Alex1710 said:

interesting, can you share pics of the sub and amp locations?

2 hours ago, mark248am said:

interesting, can you share pics of the sub and amp locations?

I don't have a pic of the sub and amp at the moment (I know Stephen has asked about this as well).

I believe they are a combination all in one unit and they are located at the end of the passenger footwell (where the fire extinguisher would be if specced but obviously a lot more discreet). The floor mat covers them up at the end. I'll try and get a pic at some point.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, alias23 said:

Does the 380 and 430 Cups come with the A-Frame attached to the roll hoop?

A-Frame as in the harness bar? No it doesn't. @BAS wanted it originally when he ordered my 380 Cup but they told him its a dealer install not a factory install.

6 hours ago, Alex1710 said:

Pics of the sub/amp combo

7BBBA93D-789E-45D8-A7BE-E62A252DE9AE.jpeg

33BBAFD3-949B-49C1-B622-0C2A8E33DA4D.jpeg

Hmm......nice and discreet but would love to see more pics if possible?