free hit
counters
Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430" - Page 23 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
4exige

Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430"

Worst case you can install a remote controlled valve :animier:...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

It's been discussed and explained before. 

It's to do with the upcoming WLTP (the W being 'worldwide' so it's not an EU thing!). 

The GT410 Sport retained the button as it rolled out under the same model as the previous Sport 410. The 430's are new models so must comply with the WLTP regs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldwide_harmonized_Light_vehicles_Test_Procedure

It's not a given that you can retrofit the switch to the Exige Cup 430, there's a chance the wiring harness has been changed so you can't but I am looking into it. 

Thanks for the link, I guess that's another plus for the 380 Cup *cough* @BAS *cough* :P

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mark248am said:

No exhaust valve button and in the video it sounds like touring mode on my car. Does that mean the valves open in sport mode like they do when i put my car in sport mode? or are the valves closed on all settings on the 430 include Race mode and just open up over a certain RPM?

Here's from the 430 manual.

valve.jpg.d5b100b7e12e766b66229048789d68ec.jpg.5495f12bd0851127fcfbcfc4a893333d.jpg

• Like 1

@mark248am 

go to the website ..

vsi.lotuscars.com

register and wait for a response. Then pay about £28 quid for a days membership and download all the manuals you want in that day... job done, well worth the money

cheers

mark

I don't find 430 documentations on VISC portal.

Maybe not released yet?

thanks

23 hours ago, NW76 said:

Worst case you can install a remote controlled valve :animier:...

reading the above (as per the manual / razad) I agree too ... this could be the best solution ...

15 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Maybe not released yet?

thanks

Borrowed from a friend who just bought a Cup 430.

Name is Exige_Cup_430_Supplement.pdf

It must be 🤩 

It's also Left hand drive! Also can't imagine many 430's were ordered in Essex Blue.

Can anyone who has the 430 post here the Nitron regulations on the manual? Just curiosity to compare with the 380 Cup ones..

I read somewhere that beside the third regulation setting, the actual suspension is the same, correct?

380 Cup on left and 430 Cup on right.  Personally I found the factory settings for 430 Cup way too soft.

089955DF-8B48-418B-9214-32019D323EB6.thumb.jpeg.2a6fffb7c8718e98b4d12881a29ecee5.jpeg

• Like 1

My cup 380 arrived with settings different from the manual: compression 6 everywhere, rebound 11 front 13 rear.

My dealer said they didn't changed them.. for the street I found the manual one better. For the track they are too soft. But maybe for this discussion we should open a new thread..

Have you bought that Gary?

The Cup 430 with no exhaust valve button on the steering cowl does have the same wiring loom at the cars which does have this button fitted. Just sayin'... 👍

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Looked upon the ever changing lotus line up with vague bemusement and cursory interest....but that looks 😋 😋 

Black n gold