free hit
counters
Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430" - Page 24 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m new to this forum, but I took delivery of mine today. 

Hopefully this does it a little justice: https://gfwilliams.net/cars/430-cup-driven/ 

Posted Images

That's @alexthewheelman 👍

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

22 minutes ago, PaulLF1 said:

https://www.autogespot.co.uk/lotus-exige-430-cup/2018/04/18

Looks like LOTUS has been removed from the rear.

It's not been removed I just had it done in gloss black to tie in with my colour scheme. In some lights it is very faint though 

Thanks for the clarification, that's why I said looks like as I could not see in the photos whether LOTUS had been removed or not. Have you a close up photo?

@Tex seems like it's a notable difference in handling and road feel over a 380 sport.

Did you feel a noticeable power difference as well to justify a possible upgrade?

It certainly felt more responsive than my 380, which is no slouch.

I guess with 55hp more and being 20kg lighter it must be far quicker,  but I never got out of 4th so couldn’t be sure.

What impressed me most is just the way it felt more grown up, with less drama,  as felt quieter and just soaked up the road and was so sure footed. Having never driven a Cup car before I expected it to be edgier and more raw than my 380 but it was quite the opposite. Exactly what you want really as totally in control on road but would be a beast on track.

There was one disappointment though, the Titanium Exhaust is non switchable and just did not sound as good as my 380. One benefit though it may get onto UK tracks !!!

4 hours ago, Tex said:

There was one disappointment though, the Titanium Exhaust is non switchable and just did not sound as good as my 380. One benefit though it may get onto UK tracks !!!

It is switchable, just not user switchable 

Agree re Nitrons and it’s what attracted me to my Sport 380 as it had the optional Track Pack (adjustable Nitrons and Anti Roll Bars).  Surprised how few 380’s had this option specced. 

As you picked up on your test drive on the road it makes for a much more compliant, controlled, less frantic ride .  Turn up at track , stiffen everything up . Perfect  

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

On 06/05/2018 at 20:21, Bibs said:

The Cup 430 with no exhaust valve button on the steering cowl does have the same wiring loom at the cars which does have this button fitted. Just sayin'... 👍

Interestingly, So how would or who would be able to go about retro fitting it 

I can imagine the Titanium Exhaust being open and driving along steadily below 4,500 rpm making a great sound 👍🏽

I have done few laps yesterday in a 380 with Nitron. What a huge improvement comparing to my car.

Honestly If I have to change something on my 350, I will start with that. The sound of 380 with the standard exhaust il also really good.

Opps! It's in the pic thread now, ta! 🤭

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

You're funny George, I'll kill you last. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Evora NA

Our ban/members ratio is 0.05%, I can increase that if you like! 

Anyway, back on topic please. 

32752012_1912861062091663_64438764049908

• Like 2

Evora NA

Liking the subtly green highlights on that, does that extend to the wing mounts as well (the renders were silver I think?) I prefer this one to the green/yellow more, errr Type 25-esque Type 25.