free hit
counters
Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430" - Page 25 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430"

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m new to this forum, but I took delivery of mine today. 

Hopefully this does it a little justice: https://gfwilliams.net/cars/430-cup-driven/ 

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

317759x.jpg

They made it to showcase their Exclusive programme. It's a one off that will probably be sold through a dealer at some point. 

Lotus's unveil post says the Type 49 (red) car is going up the hill at Goodwood all weekend, so I assume that one at least wont' be one-off, unless they want to sell it used?

TZmdQPs.jpg

more info and pics here:

https://www.netcarshow.com/lotus/2018-exige_cup_430_type_49/

https://www.netcarshow.com/lotus/2018-exige_cup_430_type_79/

1 hour ago, RRSSS said:

@Arun_D The yellow B&C one has been going round, and a couple of others. Even if the red one moves, I'm sure they can still sell it as an "ex-demo" car! 

Indeed it was,though it looks like the red one's ready for some action now , with it's starting line number..

39 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

Indeed it was,though it looks like the red one's ready for some action now , with it's starting line number..

99dqi1.jpg

Yup red one going round.. I think that will end up as a press car. 

34 minutes ago, alexthewheelman said:

Doesn’t seem to be a one off...

5C9C3B7F-7A06-4311-94A6-461B6C98CF73.jpeg

It's a one-off as in they made it to demonstrate what you could do through the exclusive programme. 

You could always order that exact same design! 

As the 430 Cup was designed without any barge boards:

" Unapologetically aggressive, the Exige Cup 430’s 220 kg of downforce is developed through the careful management of airflow under and over the car.....Balancing downforce over the entire car was a priority with, when compared to the Exige Cup 380, a greater percentage of downforce allocated to the front to ensure accurate high-speed turn in (36% increased to 45%). The new front splitter with trailing lip helps separate and speed airflow under the car and the inclusion of new air curtain elements into the front clam panel efficiently moves air though to the front wheel cavities to help reduce turbulence and drag generated by the front wheels. The front louvers reduce the pressure within the front wheel arches, increasing downforce. The cut-out sections behind the rear wheels, also reduce wheel arch pressure, whilst the new lightweight aluminium diffuser is 1 kg lighter. Crowning all of this is the carbon fibre straight rear wing, raised higher to further boost downforce, clearly signaling the car’s aggressive intent and pursuit of aerodynamic excellence. "

And the 430 Cup Type 49 and 79 have them.

" Aerodynamically evolved, the cars deploy up to 220 kg of downforce through the careful management of airflow under and over the car. Air curtain elements and louvers in the front clam panel efficiently regulate turbulence and drag, and reduce pressure within the front wheel arches, increasing downforce. The cut-out sections behind the rear wheels also reduce wheel arch pressure, while the high mounted straight rear wing and rear diffuser plant the cars to maximise traction and stability at high speeds. "

So do the barge boards not have an impact on these 430 Cups as far as aerodynamics are concerned? Lotus are still claiming 220kg of downforce with or without the barge boards.

And if Lotus are fitting barge boards to these 430 Cups, surely they could fit them to the Elise 260 Cup?

Anyone with the expertise care to comment on the use of barge boards?

Edited by PaulLF1

It's way out of my price range and I couldn't buy another exige/elise chassis car anyway due to the cabin noise, but that Type 79 is gorgeous. :wub:

Barge boards are for looks I’m unaware of any aero benefit. When KT went to Mira I don’t believe there was any major benefit identified.

They just look real good ;)

• Thanks 1

www.alias23.com

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Slightly bizarre test as A110 is not built for track, whereas 430 Cup is. 

Anyway having owned the A110 I would say that car wrapped in a Lotus body would clean up the lightweight sports car market for the road. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

On 10/11/2018 at 22:58, DJW said:

Slightly bizarre test as A110 is not built for track, whereas 430 Cup is. 

Anyway having owned the A110 I would say that car wrapped in a Lotus body would clean up the lightweight sports car market for the road. 

I test drove one the other day and it’s brilliant in many ways, but I thought it really lacked steering feel.  Did you find this in the time you owned it, or is it something you get used to?