free hit
counters
Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430" - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
4exige

Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430"

I can't wait to get behind the wheel of this. The 350 and 380 blew me away but this...holy mother of god... 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '91 Elan SE | '97 XK8

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That looks mega. But (fortunately) is way, way, way too rich for me. 

More surface area on the clutch plate, but I can't find the acronym 'LSD' on the page. I assume it has one to reflect the Evora powertrain??

1 hour ago, TheKevlarKid said:

What, straight to 430? They've missed out the Exige 410... "won't somebody think of the special editions" [Maude Flanders]

So I take it we are at a 100k Exige now with options.... 

450 Evora Cup imminently no doubt. I would expect some bargains to be had on the 380 Cups from the dealers who added them to their stock.

£70,000 Elise’s/£100,000 Exiges/£125,000 Evora’s !!! Wonder if the build quality has improved significantly when you look at the 211 refurbish thread and you see all the corner cutting back then. 

Hopefully at these prices they have

250Cup..i deserve my slap on the wrist...this Exige 430 cup will sell...order switching going on i expect. 

3-Way adjustable dampers.....Can I not enter this into the Lotus Cup sprint series now, as I seem to recall the regs state 2-way adjustment max?! Apologies probably not on most people's horizons (like noise regs?!).

No as only one way permitted plus the car exceeds the max power to weight ratio of 260 bhp per tonne

Only three more Lotus special editions and the spec might match the Komotec Ex460. B-)

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

This is what most of us have been asking for isn't it?  The illusive charge cooled Exige Cup 430 is here - great news for Lotus and for many of us. £100k sounds a lot, but everything is more money nowadays.

I do feel sorry for 380 cup owners though - if they have spent 90K then this turns up for 10k more, but again, it is nothing new, Lotus always seem to do this and makes you wonder if a 450 or 460 will be next.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TBD said:

Only three more Lotus special editions and the spec might match the Komotec Ex460. B-)

Maybe so, and the same goes for my cup with SSC TVS1900 kit etc. But the Lotus job here looks well engineered - more cooling, bigger clutch, less weight, more air flow to engine compartment and a warranty. After market tuning does not have this level of detail.

• Like 2

Nothing on Pistonheads about this yet. For those who know, there's a guy on there who goes by the username of Porsche911R. He has a Cayman GT4 (and likes to tell everyone about it). He pounces on every new Lotus car thread like a toad catching a fly. Always the same old drivel, so I'll save you all the trouble....

"Oh look a new model already: Porsche only launch one every 4 years"

"Owners of the 380 will be angry"

"It's too expensive";

"there's cheap old 380 stock being given away at Lotus dealers everywhere"

And I was going to go with the new SUV.

• Haha 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

20 minutes ago, 550superfast said:

Maybe so, and the same goes for my cup with SSC TVS1900 kit etc. But the Lotus job here looks well engineered - more cooling, bigger clutch, less weight, more air flow to engine compartment and a warranty. After market tuning does not have this level of detail.

^ This in spades. In the context of the potential alternatives, or even as a standalone product,  there is no doubt that the 430 Cup is  a stunning bit of kit. To think you can get such performance from a factory warranted item is a thing to be applauded.

My only gripe is as you have said, the 380 Cup looks a bit redundant and I do feel bad for those with orders in. To me the Exige line up makes sense as Sport 350 > Sport 380 > 430 Cup

29 minutes ago, 550superfast said:

This is what most of us have been asking for isn't it?  The illusive charge cooled Exige Cup 430 is here - great news for Lotus and for many of us. £100k sounds a lot, but everything is more money nowadays.

I do feel sorry for 380 cup owners though - if they have spent 90K then this turns up for 10k more, but again, it is nothing new, Lotus always seem to do this and makes you wonder if a 450 or 460 will be next.

agree this is THE exige. Unfortunately for me there is no automatic gearbox for the moment.