free hit
counters
Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430" - Page 4 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
4exige

Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, pgn340r said:

450 Evora Cup imminently no doubt. I would expect some bargains to be had on the 380 Cups from the dealers who added them to their stock.

£70,000 Elise’s/£100,000 Exiges/£125,000 Evora’s !!! Wonder if the build quality has improved significantly when you look at the 211 refurbish thread and you see all the corner cutting back then. 

Hopefully at these prices they have

Hopefully spare-part availability has been raised to the same extent ;-)  (even for the "older models"....)

But a great Addition !

Lotus are selling themselves short...lauding the 13% power increase over the Cup 380, and indeed it is a 13% increase from 380 up to 430bhp. But from 375 up to 430 bhp is (nearly) 15%, now that is even more impressive...strange because Lotus acknowledge the 55bhp jump themselves in the same sentence. May as well get it right if you want to entice someone out of £100k +

"as well as a host of options including, a dealer fit FIA compliant roll cage, "

2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Nothing on Pistonheads about this yet. For those who know, there's a guy on there who goes by the username of Porsche911R. He has a Cayman GT4 (and likes to tell everyone about it). He pounces on every new Lotus car thread like a toad catching a fly. Always the same old drivel, so I'll save you all the trouble....

"Oh look a new model already: Porsche only launch one every 4 years"

"Owners of the 380 will be angry"

"It's too expensive";

"there's cheap old 380 stock being given away at Lotus dealers everywhere"

Would have agreed with you until he posted his comment a short while ago, now its up on Pistonheads. He has had an epiphany.....

"This is a proper thing at last, the car was crying out to be charged cooled.
Yes it pisses off 380CUP owners and dealers having £95k 380 CUPs on the forcourts, but this time this car is mighty, I might even order one ;-)
The car they wanted to build so they say , why did it take so long ;-)
Chrome Orange please"

• Sad 1

thats an Exige in my book....

Going to be some pi$$ed off 380 Cup buyers.

Ok I was wrong yet again... The price is still eyes watering though and I don't think they will sell many at just 99800k, everybody will want to make his Cup430 a little bespoke. For anybody living outside Europe or Asia this car will remain forbidden fruit or track only. 

Some dealers with Cup 380 still on their lot may be truly pissed! Some Cup 380 buyers who were told that the Cup 400/410 was never going to come may be upset too... Somebody needs to have a talk with the production planner at Hethel.

Has anyone seen Johnny? 

The unlimited production bit is interesting. it is really the return of "The Cup", the power hike is really significant yet it is short 10hp on the Evora GT430 do to a slightly different tune I guess.  It looks less aggressive than the Cup 380. Then again it seems like Lotus Exige products have a shelf life of less than 6 month these days until they are replaced by something new. 

Edited by NedaSay

My feeling :

You will have new versions of the exige 450, 460 and maybe even the 500. But all will be based on the same engine/supercharger configuration. Until the engine downisizing time comes. 

This is why buying this car is really "sustainable", in my opinion :-)

OPTIONAL EXTRAS

INTERIOR & TRIM

Full carpets Option
Floor mats Option
EXTERIOR AND BODY
Ultra light wheel Black (linked to wing upright and mirror caps) NCO
Ultra light wheel Silver (linked to wing upright and mirror caps) NCO

Ultra light wheel Red (linked to wing upright and mirror caps)

NCO
Spoiler uprights and mirror caps in red, silver or black (linked to wheels) NCO
COMFORT & COMMUNICATION 
Air Conditioning Option
Stereo plus two front speakers Option
Sound Insulation  Option
Cruise Control Option
Standard Battery  NCO
LIGHTWEIGHT & PERFORMANCE 
Airbags deletion (inc Alcantara non airbag steering wheel) Option
Fire Extinguisher Option
Battery Isolator  Option
Standard Battery  NCO
PAINT OPTIONS  
Signature Paint Option
Metallic Paint Option
LOTUS EXCLUSIVE OPTIONS  
Exclusive Paint: Alternative metallic colours  Option
Exclusive Paint: Alternative pearlescent colours Option
Exclusive Paint: Custom Colour choice Option 
Exclusive Leather: Alternative colour Option
Exclusive Stitch: Alternative colour

Option

ENGINE & TRANSMISSION AND CHASSIS
3.5 litre V6, 24-valve, water cooled, all aluminium engine, with Edelbrock supercharger and charger cooler Standard
6-speed manual transmission, with gearbox cooler, coupled to Lotus' precision shift aluminium mechanism Standard
Lightweight, single-mass, low inertia fly wheel Standard
Baffled sump Standard

Titanium exhaust system

EXTERIOR SPECIFICATION
Lightweight front clam including wheel arch louvers, drag-reducing air curtain and splitter  Standard
Lightweight rear clam including venting for wheel arch and rear aero blades Standard
Carbon fibre front access panel Standard
Carbon fibre roof panel Standard
Aluminium rear diffuser Standard
Carbon fibre rear diffuser surround Standard
Lightweight carbon fibre tailgate with full width straight profiled rear wing Standard
Polycarbonate backlight Standard
Brake calipers - red painted with black AP Racing logo Standard
Lotus designed, ultra-lightweight, fully machined, forged aluminium wheels (17" front and 18" rear 10 spoke alloy wheels) in silver, black or red Standard
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres (front 215/45 R17, rear 285/30 R18) Standard
Mud flaps Standard
Rear wing uprights and mirror caps linked to wheel colour choice Standard
LED daytime running lights Standard
Rear parking sensors  Standard
ECE R116 approved immobiliser and remote activated alarm system

Standard

INTERIOR SPECIFICATION
2 seat configuration  Standard
Carbon fibre sports seats, trimmed in black Alcantara® and perforated leather with contrast twin stitching Standard
Centre console and door panels trimmed in a combination of black Alcantara® and perforated leather with contrast twin stitching Standard
Carbon fibre binnacle top Standard
Interior Colour Pack including HVAC console, Gearshift Top Trim, bucket seat eyelets, window lift switch bezels Standard
Lotus developed steering wheel trimmed in black Alcantara® Standard
Carbon fibre door sill covers Standard
  • Thanks 1

@550superfast - are you thinking of ordering one Gary?  One thing that seems to be lacking on that options list are Ohlins TTX dampers to replace the nitrons. I'd want a set of those fitted (if I had the money for the car in the first place of course!)

If I had the money I’d be ordering one. I don’t, so I’ll have to wait to see them on trackdays to see if they can keep up... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

@550superfast - are you thinking of ordering one Gary?  One thing that seems to be lacking on that options list are Ohlins TTX dampers to replace the nitrons. I'd want a set of those fitted (if I had the money for the car in the first place of course!)

No, I'm happy with my car.

My issue is this, as a die hard Lotus fan having owned an original S1 Elise/340r/Exige GT3/211/V6Cup and currently n Elise 250 Cup is that Lotus not only appear to be losing the plot but appear to have no respect for either their client base or their dealerships.

i get that all car manufacturers produce various versions of their models, what I object to is that the bring out a newer better version before the initial buyers of the previous model have even received their cars.

i am sure anyone who have ordered a 430 Cup Evora must be wondering if there will be a 450 etc version before they even have their car parked in their garage.

And that is my point are Lotus shooting themselves in the foot by  it only raising the bar in terms of pricing, but are they actually stopping people buying the so called high end “limited editions” when a better version is only months away.

it will certainly be interesting to see how many dealers now order one for their stock.

You know guys, it looks like rhetoric, but a few months ago at the exit of 380 (when you still did not know SPORT or CUP, what kind, engine, etc.) I had written somewhere that would be a version 430 CUP (maybe Jonny remembers I had something like that ...), now here it is ...

It is clear that for the owners of 380 SPORT and CUP is a big blow to the heart ... an output of models so "one behind the other"
:angry::angry:

And maybe I run too far, but what does the future look like ? A 450 or a 460 ? Race or CUP ? Short term ?

The future looks like 450 / 460. In 2018 for sure. It will get more problematic after that as Lotus most probably can't afford changing the internals of the engine. And new Elise / Exige is not around the corner yet. Can they afford to change this relatively old engine for something more modern and with less emissions - because this is what makes Exige really expensive?

Altought I like how good these cars became day by day,  I don't get why they hurry so needlessly.  There is no competition whatsoever. Relax Lotus.. just relax..

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SamoL said:

The future looks like 450 / 460. In 2018 for sure. It will get more problematic after that as Lotus most probably can't afford changing the internals of the engine. And new Elise / Exige is not around the corner yet. Can they afford to change this relatively old engine for something more modern and with less emissions - because this is what makes Exige really expensive?

Agree this is what I tried to explain above. 

Best thing about this car = no limit on supply

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Very nice indeed.

I would guess that they're trying to get the Exige to the £100k mark as this will be the price of the next gen model? Hopefully at that price it will be a very nice package that moves the game on for Lotus.

But a jump from ~ £65k for a 2013 V6 Cup to this is certainly not for the faint of heart.