free hit
counters
Where to get foam for turbo intake? - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Where to get foam for turbo intake?

Hi fellas, 

Any idea where to get some of this foam used to protect the air intake at the back of the engine? 

I' not sure what to ask for by means of heat resistance etc etc if I was toget a flatpiece and cable tie it around it?

Cheers

Andy

20171110_174130.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks like its used in several places on the car. The original part number is obsolete but it's replacement is available from Lotus. Not cheap though!

https://www.sjsportscars.com/parts-and-accessories/A082E6022V.htm

:) 

It's getting there......

I never even had that on my car when I got it!

i think the only bit it’s protecting is where there is a corner on the back of the rear relay box thing. I made a small thin aluminium plate that I bent around a piece of pipe to get the right curve, then cable tied it onto the hose. I think I put holes in the plate for the cable ties for it wouldn’t slip out.

been then years now! You can see where the relay box corner has rubbed on it, but it’s not worn through.

• Thanks 1