free hit
counters
410 Exhaust for road and track? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Gunner44

410 Exhaust for road and track?

I'm doing some research after being blacked flagged at a track day last week in my 410 for hitting 102 dB, Even hit 100 dB when chasing at 4500 rpm!

Some threads I've read talk about Lotus working on a solution at the end of last year, does anyone know if this materialised?

I've come across a couple of systems but I believe they may restrict power which I'm reluctant to do.

Any feedback on the 2ublar system http://www.2bular.co.uk/evora-400/evora-400410-70m...

Any recomendations?

Thanks.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There will be a track friendly option in Ti/iconel available in the next few days, watch this space 

1 hour ago, Gunner44 said:

I'm doing some research after being blacked flagged at a track day last week in my 410 for hitting 102 dB, Even hit 100 dB when chasing at 4500 rpm!

Some threads I've read talk about Lotus working on a solution at the end of last year, does anyone know if this materialised?

I've come across a couple of systems but I believe they may restrict power which I'm reluctant to do.

Any feedback on the 2ublar system http://www.2bular.co.uk/evora-400/evora-400410-70m...

Any recomendations?

Thanks.

That’s my car :)

I still have the back box fitted, it has been proven not to sap power, I had dyno run before and after. Static is 104db, and can have extra cans fitted if you need to go lower.

I ran it without issues at Dijon in August.

Thanks for both replies. Thought I recognised the colour CocoPops. I followed your website which led me to Paul at Auto Curators to detail mine, good guys as you know! 

Do you have any idea what the drive by dB would be?

Also thanks Bibs, what is Ti/iconel?

Lotus never developed a quieter exhaust. Speaking to some people in the past, they never intended to. It just turned out to be bit of a JMG fib. 

Maybe have a word with @Hangar 111. I understand that they are developing a 410/380 exhaust to go alongside their current QT exhaust. 

Ti/iconel stands for Titanium/inconel.

The 'metal' the exhaust will be made of. A nickel charged Titanium 

2 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Maybe have a word with @Hangar 111. I understand that they are developing a 410/380 exhaust to go alongside their current QT exhaust. 

Thanks @Bravo73, Paul called yesterday.

We are awaiting the first production batch of '400' fitment (380/400/410/430) QT silencers from our manufacturer - hopefully soon!

Dave

I assume Bibs means Inconel tubing for the very hot bits (the exhaust manifolds) and then weight-saving titanium for the down-pipes, back box and tail pipes? Is that correct?

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight

Thanks!

Hangar 111, will the exhaust restrict the power and will there be a switable version?

@Gunner44 The silencer has been flowbench tested against OEM and other silencers and is proven to flow well enough on the EX460 cars, so should not cause you any issues in that regard.

It does not have a valve, so is not switchable.  It is designed to be a quiet exhaust to get you onto the quiet trackdays, which it has so far proven more than capable of doing (i.e. <85dB drive-by at Brands on EX460). The issue you have is that the amount of packaging space available for the exhaust is limited, once you add valves you have less room for silencing, so you can't make a properly quiet silencer that is also loud (but not too loud) when you feel like it... and durable, and cheap, and quiet, and loud, and... etc.

Dave

On 13/11/2017 at 22:40, Bibs said:

There will be a track friendly option in Ti/iconel available in the next few days, watch this space 

@Bibs Do you know if there is one for the new Exige 430. Many Frenck tracks impose a noise limitation with an average of 95db. So an Exige 430 will not be able to run on track with the original exhaust.

http://www.pilotedudimanche.net/limitation-sonore-circuits.html

The exhaust for Evora 400/410/430, Exige 380/430 (and beyond) uses the same system.