free hit
counters
Battery for V8 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LotuStuart

Battery for V8

Mine's died. Can someone please tell me what the replacement should be? I have searched but can't narrow down a solution and want to get one ordered today. 
075 type maybe?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ha, I have the exact same problem, mine has gone and need another one, the old one is sitting on the garage floor at the moment. Would be interested in hearing if anyone has found one that lasts more than 2 years!

12 hours ago, Vulcan Grey said:

What ever you do, make sure you DO NOT have the keys in the ignition when connecting or disconnecting the battery, or main ECU fuse!!!!!

I'm just plain scared that the ECU will be fried anyway...thanks for the reminder.

I'm fitting an 096 which is more powerful than the 075. I intend to fit a cut off switch so the battery is totally disconnected unless I am driving it. I have used a battery tender but don't like to leave it connected 24/7, as the cable is in my way when fitted!

Hopefully the new battery will fix my ABS warning light too.

1 hour ago, LotuStuart said:

Hopefully the new battery will fix my ABS warning light too.

Ah, no.  You'll need the 9096 for that. It's made with real unicorn horn.

On 11/15/2017 at 12:23, LotuStuart said:

I'm fitting an 096 which is more powerful than the 075. I intend to fit a cut off switch so the battery is totally disconnected unless I am driving it. I have used a battery tender but don't like to leave it connected 24/7, as the cable is in my way when fitted!

The 096 will not fit the V8 (well does not fit in mine)- although fitting in the cover it will not fit in the tray in the car (battery too long) - I know I have just bought one :cry:. Be careful as some atleast one suppliers states it will.

I filled the tray with two pieces of wood. Battery fitted fine resting on top!

Yep had though of that and may yet do it - just rather disappointed as the supplier stated it's a direct fit.