free hit
counters
Evora Sport 410 Parts for Evora 400 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
4exige

Evora Sport 410 Parts for Evora 400

Hi 

the 410 wheels looks awsome on the evora 410. It is possible to put the wheels of the 410 on a Evora 400? in the Part list it says "only for the Evora 410" !!

image.thumb.png.d286e9b95fe6aa3d22bb6968b67a1b27.png

And: Where i can buy Lotus 410 parts? Must i go to Lotus ?? Are it possible to order via Partnumber on http://www.deroure.com/ ?

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Lotus don't recommend them for use with a 2+2, just so you know. They are super light but not strong enough for the extra load apparently. Sport 410 is 68kg lighter at the rear.

^ That. Lotus just confirmed the same, they don't recommend them for the 400. 

Particularly if you’ve managed to squeeze 2 passengers into the rear of a 400. 

Seems like a very slim safety margin for the new hoops  if they can't handle an extra 130 pounds of all up weight.  I'll keep the old ones, thanks, and would maybe even prefer them on the 410 if they're that delicate.  

It’s not an extra static 200kg which might be the issue. It is what might happen with an extra 200kg going 10/10ths over a curb at a track. An unlikely, but entirely possible, scenario. Hence the 410 wheels are for 2+0 cars only. 

4 hours ago, Loquacious Lew said:

Seems like a very slim safety margin for the new hoops  if they can't handle an extra 130 pounds of all up weight.  I'll keep the old ones, thanks, and would maybe even prefer them on the 410 if they're that delicate.

Wheels like tires have rated load capacities.  If its rated for 300 but you are imposing 305 then it is not regulatory approved.  On other hand if your load is 295 and next wheel up is rated for 350 why not use the lighter 300 wheel?  After all the ratings do have safety factors built-in so it's not like you are riding on a 5 kg edge.

The fact seems to be that these wheels make the 410 the only "condemned" 2+0. You can have a 400 and a 430 in 2+2. Does not sound right to me.

4 hours ago, Arregueti said:

You can have a 400 and a 430 in 2+2. Does not sound right to me.

You can. But you just can’t use that particular style of lighterweight wheels. 

Ah, sorry. I read your post wrong.

I suspect that you could try to order a 410 in 2+2 but you would have to have the Sparco seats (for rear access) and the 400 wheels. So, what would be the point? You might as well order a 400 with the 410 bootlid.

Thanks, @Bravo73 My post was misleading. :)

You are probably right. Differences would be "subtle". But isn't there still a different geometry and ECU tune, too? I guess I replied my own question because you can get those, too.

Plus fitting all the carbon to the 400 wouldn't be worth it, the roof for instance makes up a large part of the difference in cost between 400 / 410! I did briefly look into it ;) 

20 hours ago, Arregueti said:

The fact seems to be that these wheels make the 410 the only "superior" 2+0. You can have a 400 and a 430 in 2+2. Sound about right to me.

Edited for accuracy.. :)

4 hours ago, Arregueti said:

Thanks, @Bravo73 My post was misleading. :)

You are probably right. Differences would be "subtle". But isn't there still a different geometry and ECU tune, too? I guess I replied my own question because you can get those, too.

The ‘410’ geometry can be applied to a 400. 

The ECUs are indentical between the two models, contrary to what the marketing department might want you to think.   

32 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

The ‘410’ geometry can be applied to a 400. 

The ECUs are indentical between the two models, contrary to what the marketing department might want you to think.   

I had the 410 geo applied to my 400, but the difference wasn't noticeable to be honest... I think the Cup 2 tyres and stiffer springs are the biggest contributors to how the 410 feels on turn in.... Just my thoughts...

Don’t think a 70 kg weight difference might have something to do with it?

maybe! but all the 410s I drove never had the full lightweight spec, so it wasn't 70kg difference... But yes, everything will add up! I suppose what I was trying to say was just doing the geo doesnt make a 400 steer like a 410!