free hit
counters
Roadbook tour Duns - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Roadbook tour Duns

Jan Blom

Hi all,

I'm organising the Jim Clark Memorial Tour 2018 for Dutch Lotus owners. We're going to make a tour from Amsterdam to Duns. After the memorial program in the weekend of April 7th we will go on to Hethel to do the factory tour and visit Classic Team Lotus. 

When we are in the Borders Region we want to make a tour around Duns - maybe something like 60-90 miles or so. Can anyone here provide me with a roadbook for a route with nice driving roads and scenery? And/or a file for navigationsystems? That would be great.

Cheers,

Jan 

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jan

I am sorry for not seeing this post sooner.

If you let me know what your itinerary is from Newcastle to Duns and where you will be staying that weekend and what your planned movements are on 8th April. I will have a look at some routes.

We have our regular monthly breakfast meeting on the first Sunday of the month, which just happens to be on 8th April so our group could meet up with you at some point.

I presume you will be visiting the grave on 7th April, the anniversary of Jim's death.

I see from another post on the forum, you arrive in Newcastle on 5th April. I am using that crossing one day before you but alas not in a Lotus. It would have been good to share the crossing with your group.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Brian

Hi Brian,

The Sunday plan sounds great but ... we are leaving Sunday 8th April early in the morning because on that day we'll travel to the Midlands for a stopover before we drive to the Lotus Factory and Classic Team Lotus on Monday 9th April. Since we want to drive through more or less smaller roads we'll need that day to cover some 300 miles; at the end of that day we'll have a meeting with some Lotus owners from the Midlands in Smithys Marina Bar near Derby.

We arrive in Newcastle on Thursday morning 5th April to drive a scenary route to Lauder in the Border region. We managed to get a route in GPX but if you know more nice ones we're of course curious to know them! We'll stay in The Black Bull Hotel Lauder for 3 nights. On Friday and Saturday we'll take part in the commemoration organized by Club Lotus / Jim Clark Trust / Chirnside Common Good

Still, it would be great if we could meet up on Friday or Saturday in Duns/Chirnside!

Kind regards, Jan

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.