free hit
counters
End of Esprit Ownership VERY SAD :-( - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
G_Reaper

End of Esprit Ownership VERY SAD :-(

Well guys unfortunately I have decided to sell my Esprit. I have just got to the point of amassing the main parts to build my dream Esprit and this was going to be the perfect car for the project in my favourite colour combo with all mechanical aspects well maintained. It is in the classifieds now.

I was going to make my S3 into an S2.2 look alike with a difference. I have most of the parts required. Bumpers, wheels etc. and being a 1983 build car it still has the S2 instrument layout.

The difference was going to be the HC carb Turbo engine. I have all essential BRAND new parts from Lotus to build an HC turbo engine including new carbs, pistons, liners, inlet trunking manifold exhaust manifold and water cooled turbo etc etc. I was going to fit this and arrange a powered ventilation system to dissipate the engine bay heat enabling me to keep the glass tailgate and engine cover. I even have all the engine bay surrounds and intake for the turbo installation. (I am keeping the parts for now just in case my fortunes change).

This is a very reluctant sale (unless my lottery numbers come up) as I bid farewell to Esprit ownership it has been an eventful 30 year adventure.

Cheers Mike

• Sad 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very sad to hear that Mike.

With my S1 hopefully on the road next summer and Jim's JPS S2 also, I'm sure between us we can keep you busy!

Though probably a bit take by Turbo standards, I'm sure your Esprit driving experience can continue.

Don't do it....just dont

Why the sudden change of thought?

Hi Mike .Good luck what ever you decide ....Rare car na s3 ...love the s3...Mike. Brewer 

22 hours ago, ramjet said:

Why the sudden change of thought?

Change in circumstances. 

The value of Esprit right now has made it the easiest thing to sell. It unfortunately also means I probably wont be able to afford another one in the future. The longer it is up for sale the more likely I will be able to argue my case with my other half to keep it. Hence if someone offers the asking price fair enough but I am not going to give it away so hope fully this will enable me to keep it ;-) Watch this space.

Cheers Mike

If I were to sell my own Esprit, it would have to be for some very very good reason, like (God forbid it) my wife would fall seriously ill, and I would need the funds to try and save her and I couldn't get it any other way. Other than that, the only other reason would be that I would simply loose interest in it. For now, I certainly have not. So bring on the Winter, so we can do a Little Work on the car, and then drive out in the Sunshine NeXT Spring!

So, best of luck to get the Means not to sell your trusty friend through the last 30 years. You know you'll want another one soon thereafter.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Sad times when circumstances change and things have to be moved on. I had to sell off my cars almost 2 years ago after a long spell of unemployment, heart breaking. Luckily, I am now managing to get back into ownership starting off with a restoration project which will let me build back up again.Hopefully things will also turn around for you Mike for whatever the reason causing the sale.

• Like 1

On 18/11/2017 at 18:27, G_Reaper said:

The longer it is up for sale the more likely I will be able to argue my case with my other half to keep it. Hence if someone offers the asking price fair enough but I am not going to give it away so hope fully this will enable me to keep it ;-)

Sorry to hear.  I hope you find it difficult to sell then.  Maybe mention in the ad the previous owner was Jimmy Saville?

• Haha 1

A buddy of mine was celebrating Rolf Harris having one of his convictions quashed - it’s increased the value of one of his paintings by Rolf ?

• Like 1

I have regretted selling my S1 from the day after it went.   I sold it July 28th 2014 and got a good price for it but not near what today’s value is.  Knowing how I miss the car I would never had sold it. 

Thhats the trouble with this increasing classic value thing, it just raises the stakes for mere mortals and encourages long term owners to bail out before the bubble bursts.

Hope you get another Mike and at least you have the M100 to tinker with.

Yep I will stick with the M100 for now. I have shed loads of Esprit parts I am keeping hold of for now just in case.

All the Best

Mike

On 12/26/2017 at 18:00, G_Reaper said:

I have shed loads of Esprit parts I am keeping hold of for now just in case.

<Makes mental note>