free hit
counters
Telemetry - Performance meters - Video Loggers - Page 4 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Telemetry - Performance meters - Video Loggers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve used the VBox lap timer with the LED. It is good and a few guys use it as a race tool. You get all the data information and I believe he GPS refresh rate is higher. All the functionally is the sa

Investing in driver improvement for 2018 went timer only for the moment and may look to the full blown system if I find I make real use of the data!

The VBOX Sport is a nice datalogger if you need a quick and easy solution to get some data and improve driving skills. The analysis software CircuitTools has a huge improvement over the most others: X

Posted Images

9 hours ago, geartox said:

from my side, the logging without more input (video, comment) is not really useful to improve. with phone app, you can sync video and the logging but, there is always something wrong in the configuration. so for the moment I stay like that, but next year maybe I will move to solo dl 2 with aim cam.

coaching is the best to improve driving skils, but combined with video and data logging it could be more efficient...

Nicolas…..do it….get the AiM setup….the SoloDL with SmartyCam will let you do everything you want.  The video will definitely help you improve your driving skills.

Data on video-V6-2.png

data on video-V6.png

• Like 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

I cannot for the life of me get my GoPro 4 Silver to work with HLT GrandPrix.  Cant' even get to the point of talking to eachother.

• 4 months later...
On 22/06/2018 at 15:29, Arun_D said:

I cannot for the life of me get my GoPro 4 Silver to work with HLT GrandPrix.  Cant' even get to the point of talking to eachother.

Sorry just looking back at this thread, any luck since posting Arun? 

Also anyone tried the Vbox Sport?

10 hours ago, mcx said:

Also anyone tried the Vbox Sport?

@Steffen_Leitgeb-LSWGmbh knows his way around a Vbox :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Its a shame the VBox Video setup doesn't have the option to buy the OLED setup like the Predictive Lap Timer unit. The LED setup on the predictive lap timer standalone OLED is very very good and helpful way of improving braking point, line, and exit speeds from corners/splits. 

www.alias23.com

• 3 months later...

So after testing HLT + Vbox sport + gopro, my feedback :

- using HLT alone to keep history of your laptimes is good enough and quite reliable.

- using HLT with VBOX sport as external GPS : sync between app and vbox sometimes does not work properly, and HLT carry on using internal phone GPS

- using VBOX sport alone without external antenna the product has no interest due to lack of GPS signal

- integration between HLT and Gopro is not enough reliable

Circuit Tools on MacOS is quite easy to use and provide a simple interfaces to match two selected laps :

racelogic-feedback-2.png

racelogic-example.png

but the app is not reliable, sometimes it crashs or you can't load data (without explanation)

racelogic-feedback-3.png

Conclusion :

- HTL to keep laptimes history is enough. 

- without video or audio input the interest is quite limited for me the moment. 

I will test (not buy) a Solo 2 DL .

I got excited last month and ordered a Solo 2 DL. After finally taking it to the track, I plugged it into my ODB and all the car's warning lights came out. After unplugging the OBD the lights all went off except for the check engine light. I was at the track and couldn't put the car into sport or race mode and the session had already started so did a few laps with the engine warning light on. Luckily had my OBD reader with me and in between sessions ended up clearing the engine warning light and everything went back to normal.

According to AiM, my Solo came with a defected OBD cable. In any case sent it back to Demon Tweaks and now waiting for a refund. 

If I do get another laptimer next time around it will be the Vbox laptimer. The cost is pretty close to the Solo 2 DL, I went with the Solo because I wanted the RPM shift lights higher up on the dash but the Vbox has the cool feature that lets u know if you took a turn slower or faster then you previously did. I think that is probably a better feature.

• Confused 1

@Steffen_Leitgeb-LSWGmbh might be able to help you with the VBox :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

52 minutes ago, mark248am said:

If I do get another laptimer next time around it will be the Vbox laptimer....the Vbox has the cool feature that lets u know if you took a turn slower or faster then you previously did. I think that is probably a better feature.

The RaceLogic Laptimer is a little aged let’s be hones vs some of the design and colour you get with AIM. However I’m a big fan and the product support is excellent!

The LED function you refer to makes a big difference to your real time in session development - Highly recommended.

www.alias23.com

4 hours ago, mark248am said:

I got excited last month and ordered a Solo 2 DL. After finally taking it to the track, I plugged it into my ODB and all the car's warning lights came out. After unplugging the OBD the lights all went off except for the check engine light. I was at the track and couldn't put the car into sport or race mode and the session had already started so did a few laps with the engine warning light on. Luckily had my OBD reader with me and in between sessions ended up clearing the engine warning light and everything went back to normal.

According to AiM, my Solo came with a defected OBD cable. In any case sent it back to Demon Tweaks and now waiting for a refund. 

If I do get another laptimer next time around it will be the Vbox laptimer. The cost is pretty close to the Solo 2 DL, I went with the Solo because I wanted the RPM shift lights higher up on the dash but the Vbox has the cool feature that lets u know if you took a turn slower or faster then you previously did. I think that is probably a better feature.

That is a bit pants, Mark. No issues with mine so far. 

For the record though, the sidebar LEDs can be set up either for shift lights or corner laptime delta throughout the lap.

5 hours ago, mark248am said:

Thats to bad, I installed in my Evora 410 without issue

I am selling VBOX in Germany for racing as my main business.  So I am not completely neutral here 😉

The VBOX Laptimer is a state of the art laptimer with a very basic GPS datalogging function.
The AIM Solo wants to be more a nice priced dashboard and does many things. 
They are very different products.

So the laptiming quality and information in predictive laptiming of the VBOX Laptimer is really spot on.
If you (only) want a high end GPS laptimer the VBOX Laptimer will do the job properly with its several semi automatic and some real professional racing functions (track detection, PLT mode, reference lap handling … ) and maybe with the highest timing precision via GPS available. The GPS/GLONASS receiver is of high quality and the positional accuracy is very high. This is the case why most German based professional GT teams use the VBOX Laptimer (mostly in conjunction with VBOX VIDEO HD2). Even in German national racing the AIM tools are the mandatory scrutineering loggers by the the DMSB the teams go for VBOX. 

The VBOX systems are add on systems to the highly professional datalogging systems which are already inbuilt in most GT race cars.
VBOX GPS and video technology fills a gap and offers a different analysis and information basis to the race engineers and drivers.
For amateur racing the VBOX Laptimer can play the role of a track coach sitting next to you with its instant live delta T channel feedback when you change your driving style from one lap to the other.
Also it is a handy and easy to use GPS datalogger.

If you need more infos about VBOX Motorsport products in UK get in contact with Jonathan Holman <[email protected]>

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

does someone use the AIM solo 2 dl with the Exige V6 ? Just to know if someone has played with different ECU configuration

> 11-19 which seems to be last updated and applied to 3 eleven

> the CUP r so for the CUP r

> evora for Evora and Exige v6, this is the on I am using but some informations are missing

• 1 month later...

example of channels available with ECU 11-19 on the Solo 2 DL.

You can get the steering wheel angle from the ECU. With RaceRender I have included this channel. That is a good point with brake and throttle use to analyze laps. Also this ECU config allows you to collect successfully water and air temp. Quite happy withe the final result. I will post later some picture of the analysis tool. 

• Like 2