free hit
counters
Gearbox removal advice - Page 5 - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Glyn Harper

Gearbox removal advice

Just wiggle the fork - it will settle into place. I wouldn’t worry about that - the fork stops it falling off or rotating anyway

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks. That’s pretty much what I was hoping. It can’t drop off so hopefully it’ll just find it’s way around in the right place. It looks more or less right as it is I’m hoping.

For future reference, cable tie the fork forwards around the bellhousing mating face.  That stops the bearing rattling about during insertion.

• Like 1

Thanks, I was wondering about some kind of retaining setup to hold it in place temporarily, but it seems to have worked.

I notice on lots of other cars they actually have a retaining clip for the release bearing.

Just need to bolt everything back together now! The top 3 bolts are meant to be M10x45.. I haven't got any of these as I forgot to order them, and when I went through my pile of old bolts from when I took it off, there weren't and M10x45 in that lot so whatever it was fitted with previously wasn't right.

I actually have '000' on both sides of the sump where the stamps are, so no. Unless something has changed, but it doesn't look like it. I wouldn't be able to get anything in there anyway, so it looks like I don't.

one question 
Do you know the inner diameter of an esprit 1990 se clutch bearing?
We Ve got a problem whith a gearbox ,the bearing don t want to enter in the chrome tube .
Thanks you .

Envoyé de mon iPhone

That question has me confused. I cannot think of a chrome tube, and the clutch release bearing does not go in a tube, it's as per the photo a page ago, where it simply sits on the fork.

It does slide over the primary shaft tube, but it's not a tight fit. 

one question 
Do you know the inner diameter of an esprit 1990 se clutch bearing?
We Ve got a problem whith a gearbox ,the bearing don t want to enter in the chrome tube .
Thanks you .

Envoyé de mon iPhone

As you can see yes

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/ETechnical/Gearbox.html