free hit
counters
Which thread. Injectors BUT temps for a different ECM. - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Roberto Esprit

Which thread. Injectors BUT temps for a different ECM.

After a lot of reading I am choosing ID1050's as they are just upgraded ID 1000s and the 850's are just shorter ID1050's... And AND... A Haltech along with a plenum that does not support secondairy injection along with a walbro 400 and a rising rate FPR. 

But I need something better than the factory that can be bought second hand as a bandaid. FOR THE HALTECH. Its just a lot of money alll at once. the total bill on upgrading the fuel system will be..... 1800$ That does not include a custom rail wires or any of the new plenum charge cooler ect ect. Just need some bandaids that will be a lot more precise. The reason for wanting to do this soon is I am tired of the whoop whoop vacuum pump paired with missing idle  the norm for this ECM paired with a not so good 02 sensor.  < Let me explain it real good for the purists. I have full intentions of dropping in this ECM before winter is up along with a brand new hand made loom. I am doing glass for my new intake plenum tonight if your in the U.S. time. I also have 4 Brand new 02 sensors that wont work great with the current ECM. Its going in the car. SOON!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ha ha thought this would be Ozzys 1986 album...

Its ok. By the time I get the loom done I should be able to get the ID1050s and the walbro 400

injector dynamics are very popular with the tuner crowd.  My AEM ECU already has the flow characteristics for ID injectors so they can be selected in a drop down menu when setting up the ECU.  My research indicates that max flow required for 1.25 bar boost is just under 800, so i selected 840 cc injectors.  Injectors are very good these days but remember that an injector has a minimum pulse width, so the amount of fuel delivered by a 1000 will be more than that of an 850 at that min pulse.  this affects fueling at low rpm.  if you want that smooth idle, consider the 850.  i would be happy to share my pin maps and sensor requirements if you need for your conversion.  just PM me

Thanks man but I hope I dont need any of that I just pulled my audis harness out and that should have all the wire pins and connectors I need to make a like new harness. The wire is super long and in real good shape. However I am considering buying tpfe nickle coated wire for the injection and ignition as well as using mil spec connectors on injection and ignition as I really dont ever want to go lean because of a wire. That being said easy answer is I am making new looms as I dont trust the OEM stuff and I know for a fact the wire quality isnt so good either because of the supplier or because of are or both.

I looked at the page maybe Ill mail them too but It seems like the ID850 is literally a shorter 1050 so there isnt much of a difference. Ill email them for clarification. I met the owner once because I was on a race team repping them. Hey maybe hell remember me and give me a discount... Not... lol.

Also I bet even a 2000cc set on an AEM or haltech is going to have much better fuel use and control than the stock batch fired set.

I think I am just going to hold off for the ID's quite a bit of dough but its worth it for a newer injector.

Edited by Roberto Esprit
Checked a question and deleted it.

i said in another thread that my tuner has only tuned mega hp GTRs and Supras and that ive had to massage the tune to get better fuel economy.

the fact is it makes good power everywhere with no knock but even my cruising mpg tanked.  So if there is a moral to the story, even with the best setup, it may not be as good as factory, depending on your definition of "good"

LOL

i re-used much of the existing harness but added wires for new sensors and such.  I used some MIL spec tinned copper and high-temp insulation from Mcmaster Car as well as weather-tight connectors from there.  Soldered and heat-shrink everything that was practical.  

good luck with your conversion and keep us updated!

I just talked to the Ceo well I didn't know there are two of em through an email didn't mention a thing trying to get no discount. Around 600 for everything shipped to my door which is far off from his. It would be much cheaper for any stateside users. I think it was 550 for a set of 4. So the ID1050s are the way to go hands down for two reasons. The spray pattern and minimum pulse with is way way wayy better than the old injectors even out of the box. Reason two is duty cycles. I will be hitting 80% on the ID 1050 not running ethanol and I do plan on some ethanol use for track days. The thing of it is  the 850's or smaller are not only discontinued but if I ever want to raise the rev range which I planned on for the future I cant. The injector was near max and my usage needs for the 20lbs of boost I want to throw at the car as soon as the electronics and induction are right. The haltech has a very cool feature that it will strive for the best Ve's at all times. The big seller is that and anti knock.

Also Chris: Is silver coated tpfe jacketed wire any good? I have the audi loom now with miles of wire but I might try to sell the whole lot cheap so I can buy new mil spec connectors. I have used em loads of times but never built em my self. I looked into a whole article about building a quality no fail loom.

certainly if you intend on flex fuel, you need the bigger injectors.  Mine is just a weekend driver so the pain of alcohol would be a crazy burden.  

i've never used silver coated wire.  Here is a link of tinned, silver and nickle and their uses and joining methods

https://www.anixter.com/content/dam/Anixter/Wire Wisdom/12T0024X00-Anixter-WW-Conductor-Coatings-W%26C-EN-US.pdf

PTFE insulation is good for pretty high temps and chemically resistant to most everything

yeah the AEM Infinity has selection to drive calculations using VE ECU (that is how mine is tuned) as do most ECUs these days, although i couldnt say it is the same as the Haltech.  According to AEM, the advantage of a VE table is that once it is tuned and set, you can change parameters like boost and injector sizes without requiring a re-tune.  It will calculate fueling based on the VE table value.  Regardless, for the Infinity, the final fueling is determined by the AFR target table.