free hit
counters
Locking car? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Maybe a stupid question but when you lock the car with the key (old school way) does you car lock and the door pins drop?

Car locks fine on alarm button and all good, but just tried to lock with the key and can’t feel any tension in the lock barrel and when turn the key nothing seems to happen which is very odd!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That sounds ok. My car locks manually only (no alarm) and I have the pins removed. There is zero tension when I turn the key to lock. 

I think in your case you are just locking the door but not necessarily setting the alarm. This has to be done via the fob button, iirc. 

On 19/11/2017 at 18:49, alias23 said:

Maybe a stupid question but when you lock the car with the key (old school way) does you car lock and the door pins drop?

Car locks fine on alarm button and all good, but just tried to lock with the key and can’t feel any tension in the lock barrel and when turn the key nothing seems to happen which is very odd!

Manually locking with the key simply disconnects the external push-button from the locking/door-release mechanism; the interior door release handle continues to operate when the door is mechanically locked with the key from the outside.

Locking the car electronically, dropping the internal buttons, actually dead-locks the door; the interior door release is inhibited.

Manual locking provides the means to lock the doors if the battery has failed.  If electronically locked - and the battery fails - you can’t open or unlock the car; to unlock, power must be restored via the auxiliary power posts (located beneath the front services panel).

Operation of the locks differs somewhat from other cars, but all of this is explained within the user manual.

• Thanks 1