free hit
counters
Better brake rotors (track use) - recommendation? Elise Cup (250) oem calipers - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ImolaRed

Better brake rotors (track use) - recommendation? Elise Cup (250) oem calipers

Hello

After one set of front oem brake pads and one set of pfc´08 I have cracks on my oem brake rotors - (Elise 250 Cup with 2-piston AP brake calipers and 288mm rotors)

Have you any recommendation of good aftermarket rotors - for track use? - Better slotted or grooved than cross drilled... - I think about something like this http://komo-tec.com/Shop/Elise/MK3-Toyota-2011/Bremsen/Bremsscheiben-Grooved-Disc-mit-ABE-KBA.html (?)

Thx for info

Jack

Edited by ImolaRed

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think you're right about going for grooved/slotted rather than cross drilled for track use.

Have you considered floating bells and larger 308mm discs, better for keeping heat away from hub and lighter in-sprung mass too.

I've just put these onto my S1, but isn't going to be used for track:

elise brakes front right 1.jpg

elise discs rear 3.jpg

My choice is in the end the PFC set "by Komotec" - rotors 295mm - for oem standard 2 pot AP Caliper (a little displaced with backplates included in the set)

Weight is 4,7 Kg compared to 6,0 oem one piece rotors. I hope it will be good :-) ...just burn the rest of old pads and lets go to replace... 

29550043_341536909700586_1867786238_n.png

Edited by ImolaRed

On 09/01/2018 at 15:53, stratosboy said:

I think you're right about going for grooved/slotted rather than cross drilled for track use.

Have you considered floating bells and larger 308mm discs, better for keeping heat away from hub and lighter in-sprung mass too.

I've just put these onto my S1, but isn't going to be used for track:

elise brakes front right 1.jpg

elise discs rear 3.jpg

Looks amazing! Looks like you have gone 2 pot on the rear with additional parking brake Caliper?

any comments on how it stops and how easy it was to fit the second rear Caliper? 

Hi, yes front 2 pot's moved to rear, with special bracket (Elise Parts I think) and am using Hi-Spec v2 spot calipers for handbrake duty. (again a special bracket is needed to fit these). Easy enough to fit once you have the brackets. I'm getting some made up.

Can't say how well these work as yet, still waiting for my engine build completion - nearly there....but then it's going to be a while before It's running.