free hit
counters
New Rear Tyre Option S1/S2 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
peteyg

New Rear Tyre Option S1/S2

Slight overkill on the speed rating but good looking tyre. A little pricey, but cheaper than the XWX. The advert I saw in Classic & Sports Car suggests they do a V rating too but aybe that is yet to come.

https://www.tyres-guru.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?s_p=Dunlop-Sport-Classic-205_70-R14-95W&details=Ordern&typ=R-341499&cart_id=78330040.320.83222&ranzahl=4&Breite=205&Quer=70&Felge=14&Speed=V&weiter=0&Ang_pro_Seite=10&Transport=P&dsco=320&Cookie=sea_rdg_uk_Froogle_Shopping&sowigan=So&m_s=3

If only they could come up with fronts as well...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good year IIRC ?

the owners manual says that the tires are Dunlop SP sport super. Mine spare wheel have still this one.

I thought so Jean. there is a picture of a JPS car ( world champion car , that is) with yellow coloured DUNLOP letters in the William Taylor Lotus book.

Now, I do have that guilty pleasure in having those raised white letter tires on my old sportscars.

I just did the tires of my 1980 Opel GT and I am now considering the ESPRIT. I have seen on the forum that some giugiaro Turbo Esprit owners did a group buy of GOOD YEAR stickers some time ago. These are the rubber letters of course, not the stickers

The first question is : Will I do this.....😎

The second question will be, do I choose the GOOD YEAR version, or will I go with DUNLOP on my S2.2?

The third question will be , do I choose yellow ( typical dunlop ) or white ( may look better on my car)?

• il_570xN.1421459817_ly4l.jpg?version=0
  • il_570xN.1407410242_ka4u.jpg?version=0
Edited by gvy
  • Like 1

Some years ago I did it in white (matched color with the car). It is cool but it get very fast dirty. So by the years that craziness is far away.

The "real " raised white letters I had in the past on my 1970 Opel GT were easy to clean and keep white with green soap or with hand cleaning paste (soap with sand)

I guess the rubber letters will be the same.

Edited by gvy