free hit
counters
Door Lock Collapsed - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

The other day, I went to lock the door on my 89 Excel and the key lock had disappeared. When I took the door panel off I could see that the plastic that holds the barrel of the lock and also the mounting of the handle to the door had all collapsed.

We have an expression out here in South Africa that translates in English to "A farmer makes a plan", so I put all the pieces of the handle and lock back into position and using an electric glue gun, stuck the whole lot back together.

Could someone tell me which car these door locks were originally intended for as I think I should try and replace it eventually.

For some reason, I find that I am driving my Excel more often than my 1984 Esprit Turbo. Such a great car but I wish the build quality had been better.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They are off the Toyota Supra Mk1. If the handle has broke they are difficult to get hold of. Most of them have been glued back together.

SJs have a good selection of new parts for the handle - clicky - but not cheap.

I bought a couple of 2nd hand handles from LotusBits for mine - cheaper.