free hit
counters
Greetings from Italy - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Greetings from Italy

RS blu

hi guys I'm subscribed to the forum for years but until now I just read the topics. I think it's time to introduce myself. I live in north east Italy and I am the owner of a 1965 Lotus Cortina, a 1988 Excel SE in Monaco white and a 1991 Esprit SE calypso red. Congratulations to the forumand sorry for my English but it's not easy for me...

ciao Roberto

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome! I'm glad you've been enjoying TLF for so long and it's good that you're joining in! Please post some pics of your Lotus collection for us to enjoy :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

There must be some sort of prize for longest lurker!  Sounds like a great collection, look forward to seeing pictures and hearing what reaction you get to them from locals in Italy.

thanks guys, I love lotus since I was a kid. My dad had a Ford  Cortina Gt mk1, and in 1990 ,just I got the driver's license ,he bought a lotus Cortina Mk1. I was very happy.  I bought my first lotus an Elan m100 some year later,  sold to my friend when i bought an Esprit Se. Last year I bought an Excel se from Edinburgh, the car was complete but I had to restore it, fortunately the interior trim was very nice, and tha engine very good. In italy the most common lotus is Elise, there are no Excel (maybe 2 or 3) there are some Esprit and Elan m100.I can tell you that in Italy we are quite lucky. There is not much salt on the roads in winter time, and summer is quite long so it is not difficult to find old lotus that seems new without rust. If you look under my Esprit it looks like new.:)
here are some photos
my Cortina with my capri RS 2600;)5.jpeg.8fd0b04ff9810fa05cf23bfaae9a8a47.jpeg3.jpeg.eb75756f03f2c1a478b7b0e724a92f58.jpege2.thumb.jpg.4791c348953d0c62d742d6371d337ee2.jpgCAM00612.jpg.f8061213b6a7f8c84c04f9983d887fa5.jpgCAM00388.thumb.jpg.3c2eeb91765fb64d976368dd44089f81.jpg12189583_501535050022532_6650924537177865674_n.jpg.16b4882cba34d3989400bad04d77a3f1.jpg

small meeting in  Ruedy garage(BR Classic) ,a great Lotus workshop in northern Italy:)

Edited by RS blu
  • Like 2

• Gold FFM

Hi Roberto, I am from North Scotland so will not try Italian as would be completely confusing. Nice collection of superb cars. Please feel free to post as often as you like with pictures as well.

Welcome to TLF Roberto. :welcome:

I lurked for awhile, but I can't beat your record. :hrhr: 

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• 3 weeks later...