free hit
counters
Help required V8 GT evap system - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
booboo93

Help required V8 GT evap system

Hi all. 

Just wondering if anybody has got a 98 V8 GT out there,

Very close to finishing a 2 1/2 year rebuild, and just dotting the I's and crossing the T's, but there is one part that is eluding me!

When I put the engine back in, on the left hand side panel there are 2 evap control pipes, the little one goes to the plenum chamber, via a one way valve,

and the other I have not got a clue!!

I have check both the service notes and also the parts listing. The listings say there should be a control unit, which is not as my car was, and the service notes says

it should go to the bottom of the throttle body, but again this was not the case with my car, tonight I pulled of the plenum just to check, but the is no where for it to 

go.

Is there anybody that could shed some light for me please?

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Andy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If I'm understanding you correctly, then the other one should be going to the EGR manifold under the plenum.

As you said, one goes to the small reference port at the back of the plenum. The other goes to the larger port in the EGR manifold.

Hi Mike,

This has been blocked off with a grub screw, so the EGR manifold has always been blocked off since I have had it. I am trying to reach the last owners 

to see if they know when it was capped.

Do you have EGR fitted on the engine at all?  Even with the EGR blanked-off, you can still plumb the evep in there.  It just runs into the throttle stack behind the butterflies.

Wasn't all that stuff deleted on the V8GT or am I thinking of something else?

Thanks chaps,

I am going to leave as is, as I am sure that's how it was when I got it.

But thank you for your answers

Andy