free hit
counters
My Unicorn: LHD S2.2 RoW - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Tony K

My Unicorn: LHD S2.2 RoW

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Tony nice little project there to get your teeth into!

Good luck Im sure it will be amazing when you get a few little bits sorted.

buddsy

Hello Tony,

Fine project to get in to. The s/n on the door cards are marked 324J you say = European car? Have the engine org Dellorto carb's.

Probably one of the last S2.2

Cheers,

Jean

Wow, never seen an interior like that on an Esprit. Nice find Tony, it's in the very best of hands now! @phoenix knows his way around the S2.2 very well :)

Looks great - I have seen that interior before (or at least that fabric) on a an excel or two and also I think on an S3 a few times. Interested to see what the dashboard looks like with no original switches or instruments...

Well done Tony, love the enthusiasm. Good luck with all you plan to do to her. Here's a pic of my previous Lemon Yellow S3. I have also seen that interior on an Excel.

DSC_0009.JPG

Nice car. The hopsack came in brown and grey and was unique to the S2.2 Elite, Eclat and Esprit.

I used to hate it but its hard wearing capabilities convinced me otherwise. Compared to the fragile Connolly leather, you could clean out a horsebox with a swatch of Hopsack and it would still wash and come up like new..

Awsome find Tony. Glad to see you've seen the light and finally got a proper Esprit with a 2 in the name!

Pete

Great find Tony!  Hopefully you will bring it to LOG38 next August! :wub:

Tony,

That's just a brilliant car! Glad you're so enthused. When you've had some time on the road with it could you please report on a couple of points that might shed light on the 2.2 engine and the hardened motor mounts? I'd appreciate your views on NVH in car, plus chassis behavior particularly on/off throttle.

Thanks

Steve

Congratulations Tony, very exciting :)

Please... more pics! Itching to see