free hit
counters
Exige S3 loose drivers seat thread - Page 4 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I know a lot of owners like the race car interior look and exposed aluminium.......but I don’t quite get it personally. These Exiges are already racey enough inside & I think the carpets just provide the “finished” look.:thumbup:

I’m keeping my fingers crossed on the seat runner front.......and I’m sure you’ll be sure to let us know if they don’t work out - wouldn’t want to be the girl on reception at Hethel if that were to happen!!:blush:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somebody is watching me (has visited my profile) on Linkedin :????

Got these delivered from Lotus HQ yesterday. Some kind of springs that will hold the seat better. They will be mounted in April, so you have to wait for review ;-)

Just had the seat inserts fitted under warranty, massive, massive difference... rock solid now, here’s hoping it stays that way 👍

Posted Images

@stephenwhyte

To be fair, no arguments from Lotus re placing the part, so no complaints on the service at all. Just the poor quality I think. OOI there looked to be NO difference in the runners either, I.e. no modifications.

What I do like though is dealing with Oakmere, was a long day and they didn't mind me standing around the garage, having a bit of banter with the guy working on the car, bacon butties, cups of coffee, just a top place, well for me anyway.

cheers

Mark

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

mine replaced under warranty two months ago. NO design change to the original. Just book the car in....

cheers

Mark, have a look at Peter's thread and it might be worth checking for any updates with him before approaching Lotus.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but don't expect a complete cure for this, I've had mine replaced twice by dealer under warranty and it's still the same.

good luck, & let us know how you go on.  

That's just fine

My seat rocks as bad as my V6S did.  Warranty job ...again. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I know this might sound ridiculous, but given that the warranty "fix" doesn't seem to change anything, what about cutting a tennis ball in half (or perhaps thinner than that) and wedging it under the the seat?   The seat will be harder to slide back and forth, though not impossible I suspect, and it might just be enough to stop the wobble......

No harm in trying...

On 2017-11-30 at 22:35, marklawson77 said:

Just had a quick scan can't see any update really ? 

I had heard the 430 sport has new runners so thought there may be hope on the horizon ! 

Can you check this? I have mailed so many times with them now. And even the CEO JM Gales. 

I had my replaced - a lot better, but still some movement. This time I think it is more up/down instead of forward/backward.

I will bolt my seat if there is no fix. It is so annoying. 

21 minutes ago, Hangar 111 said:

Elise 250 Cup MY18.  This pair are for sale if anyone wants to try.

250-cup-runners.jpg

I think people with the loose seat issue will want to know if the new seat runners fit their car or not - rather than just chance it.

20 minutes ago, 550superfast said:

I think people with the loose seat issue will want to know if the new seat runners fit their car or not - rather than just chance it.

I'm not saying chance anything, I'm saying:

1 hour ago, Hangar 111 said:

The new style runners on the newest cars won't direct retro-fit into earlier cars.

36 minutes ago, Hangar 111 said:

Position/spacing of mount points in the chassis is different.

You could make them fit if you really wanted to, but you'd up with the seat higher, as you'd need some adaptation.

Dave

I wonder if that is the case with mine then. Built in August 2018 with completion on 31/08, 3k miles so far and no noticeable issues with the seat (fiercly knocking on the wood). :blush:

1 hour ago, vd9 said:

I wonder if that is the case with mine then. Built in August 2018 with completion on 31/08, 3k miles so far and no noticeable issues with the seat (fiercly knocking on the wood). :blush:

Is it a DeLorean? ;)

You either have the runners as per photo above, or you have the older style - they are not interchangeable with regard to the chassis.