free hit
counters
Exige S3 loose drivers seat thread - Page 5 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

10 minutes ago, PeterSweden said:

Lucky you. Was my the last car ever built with the old ones....

Perhaps your efforts resulted in an action to change this, highly likely to be the case looking at the timing. Thank you! :blush:

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somebody is watching me (has visited my profile) on Linkedin :????

Got these delivered from Lotus HQ yesterday. Some kind of springs that will hold the seat better. They will be mounted in April, so you have to wait for review ;-)

Just had the seat inserts fitted under warranty, massive, massive difference... rock solid now, here’s hoping it stays that way 👍

Posted Images

8 hours ago, PeterSweden said:

Lucky you. Was my the last car ever built with the old ones....

I must be close, I had a June delivery :(

However he replacements are fine at the moment :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My seat rocked badly.  Had the warranty fix and rock solid :)

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

8 hours ago, DJW said:

My seat rocked badly.  Had the warranty fix and rock solid :)

Lucky you!

New rails or the new ”springs”?

I have already fitted new rails, but still problems.

Edited by PeterSweden

I’m assuming  new springs , as new rails on previous Exiges have all failed to fix the problem 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I’ll have to ask, as I wasn’t onsite when they did the work.  I’ll come back to you 

Btw

Had a look at the Exige 430, completely different mounting/runners and the seat was rock solid. So of course they are aware of the problem 

Feels like mine getting worse again, lets see what happens after the springs are fitted. Otherwise I will have to bolt it - not a problem for me really. I am the only driver.

If not good after the springs - I will address Lotus CEO Mr Gales again. This is completely unacceptable.

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Was that Silverstone?

Yep, get all my work done there, as usually have bought car there in first place. 

12 hours ago, PeterSweden said:

Different. And they do not fit older Exige, see earlier in the thread.

how different, just curious to know if my cup is fitted with the new runners or old ones. i'm guessing they're the old ones but hoping they're the new ones since i've done 5000km and they're still great.