free hit
counters
Exige S3 loose drivers seat thread - Page 8 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
PeterSweden

Exige S3 loose drivers seat thread

not me.... but much stiffer to push back

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So realised the problem... so that bit you bend back at the rear hits the chassis when you go all way back therefore stopping about half an inch. So pressed it as best I could and added a small washer at the rear two holes where you mount the bracket to chassis and jobs a good un!

All installed and working nicely. Folks please don’t buy from robbing Lotus parts or dealers charging ridiculous prices! Genuine part available from @Seriouslylotus at a much fairer price!

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/featured/tensioner-seat-runner-a142v0001k

www.alias23.com

That's the standard Lotus retail price, surprised any dealer is charging more. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

34 minutes ago, Bibs said:

That's the standard Lotus retail price, surprised any dealer is charging more. 

I was quoted around £60 from a dealer hence my frustration!

www.alias23.com

Getting mine done under warranty Friday. Was told it will take an hour.

Martin S

Mine was done yesterday under warranty, seat moves back and forward a lot stiffer than before but no rocking at all when in position😊

Edited by PaulLF1
  • Like 1

I have had these new spring put in my runners by B&C under warranty on my V6 and I can confirm that they do indeed completely irradiate the seat wobble, I cannot believe it, after suffering 4 Elise's over 20 years with the same problem, the fix is half an hour!!!

• Like 1

Apparently Lotus are temporarily out of stock. I'm in a group 30 strong waiting for the part to be done under warranty at my local dealer. It should pick up now the holiday season is coming to an end.

@Sharky Haha Lotus back order... You're best to order the part direct from @Seriouslylotus and get the dealer to fit and charge their labour onto the warranty claim. 

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/special-offers/exige-s3-v6/tensioner-seat-runner-a142v0001k

www.alias23.com